Need help with Astral Projection

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
moonlit

Need help with Astral Projection

Post by moonlit »

HI! This may be a silly question but I'm rather confused.

I have had an expirience many times where I feel like I'm astral projecting, BUT I'm totally conscious, semi- conscious, or I become consious quite often. It's usually always when i'm going to sleep or in some cases I'm becoming conscious from sleep. For some reason, I thought that you only astral projected in your sleep and you hardly ever remember it, or if you do remember it it's like a dream. But I can actually think to myself.. "Oh my God , I'm projecting." Sometimes I can even will myself not to go...

Is this even astral projecting at all or something else?? Maybe etheric projecting? I'm really stumped here so any help would really be wonderful.

moonlit
**Nothing is set in stone**
fatalism

Post by fatalism »

It actually sounds more like lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is where you have complete control of yourself while you are sleeping or getting to be asleep. Uusally you begin to lucid dream when you realize that you are dreaming while you are inside a dream. Astral projecting is unlike lucid dreaming in that you are willing yourself out of your body. Although you can unknowingly astral project, it is unlikely that you would do this on a regular basis.
"Nothing is True; Everything is Permitted"
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

Ok thanx! I will have to look up more about lucid dreaming and see if it is similar to what I'm expiriencing.

moonlit
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

I LOVE lucid dreaming! It can often be induced by people who often have 'sleep paralysis' (where you wake up and you can't move, sometimes accompanied by a hallucination or dream of a figure knelt on your chest) and it's damn fun!
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

Someone on another board said that it could also perhaps be bilocation??? is that possible or extremly far fetched??

moonlit

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”