Pendulum Says Yes To Everything

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Danek

Pendulum Says Yes To Everything

Post by Danek »

Hello everyone! Back again to pick everyone's brains!

So a friend of mine gave me her black onyx pendulum and said it's just collecting dust at this point so she wanted me to have it. Awesome!

I have been spending time going over showing yes and showing no but yes is pretty obvious and no and very subtle, like it moves just enough for me to know but I still feel like I could misinterpret it.

This may not work at all but I took 4 random cards from my tarot deck and looked and read each one. Then watching, I shuffled the 4. (because of my lack of memory shuffling just 4 I didn't know which was which) so I laid out each card and put the pendulum above one at a time asking if that card was a specific card (in my case it was 21 - The World) the pendulum said yes to everything. It was guaranteed wrong every time. So maybe doing that with cards won't work.

However I have not cleansed it yet. Even just letting the pendulum go it automatically says yes (the forward and back motion)

Will cleansing it (either sea salt water or sitting out in view of the moon) help bring a clearer message? I assume as much but I didn't know if there was something else I should be doing.

Anyway thanks again for reading my rants!

-Danek :flyingwitch:
Katrinkah

Re: Pendulum Says Yes To Everything

Post by Katrinkah »

Hmmm, is it level? I had a pendulum once that was prone to swing a certain way because it was tilted making the weight uneven. Just a thought. Other then that I have no idea.

But yes cleansing is important! And maybe consecrate it too? I noticed my tarot were more accurate once I consecrated them. Cleansing and consecrating could help tune it to your energy. If that doesn't work maybe it's not a good match? I don't really know, just throwing out ideas here.
Danek

Post by Danek »

This may sound stupid but how can I tell if it is level or not? The way I am holding it or the way the weight is distributed in the onyx..? I slept with it under my pillow last night. I will consecrate it today and see how it goes. Thanks for the response, this forum does not have as many people active as it should so I really appreciate the help.

-Danek

Edit: After asking basic questions like my name and stuff I get an answer. However I say "I am an elephant." And it stays still, then I say "show me no" and then it starts showing no, but if I say I'm an elephant it stops immediately. Am I an elephant? Is that what we are discovering? Because yes my upstairs neighbors MUST be elephants but I'm pretty sure I'm not lol
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi. Level means the chain from which it is suspended is centered. If the weight is cone-shaped and it tips to one side, it is not centered. If the weight is round, it doesn't matter.

You might hold it over the open palm of the opposite hand. The left-hand motion is no, and the right-hand motion is yes...if you're right handed. This way it attunes to your body. Does it respond best to questions or to statements? Word your inquiries to match. Are you elephantine? Is a question. You are elephantine, is a statement. In my experience, questions get a clear yes or no while statements waffle.

Cleansing with salt water can be harsh and might be saved for traumatized stones. Holding it under running water from the tap for a minute should be enough. Water in motion resets a stones' natural rhythm. I have found that laying stones on a bed of dry herbs is really helpful...cinnamon, mint, rose petals...all have cleansing and psychic associations. Hah! Enough!
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

Maybe you were an elephant in a past life :P Lol.
mustangurl68

Post by mustangurl68 »

I cleanse mine in a bag of sea salt... I've been using and teaching others how to use pendulums for many years. I even use it on my paranormal investigations with the team I'm on. So what exactly is consecrate?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Consecrate means to dedicate for a specific use...it assigns a job, so to speak, to the tool.

Return to “General Divination”