Uses for Wild Mushrooms?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
astrowitch

Uses for Wild Mushrooms?

Post by astrowitch »

Theres been a lot of mushrooms sprouting up in my lawn and I was wondering if they have any properties that I should pick them and dry them out? Not for consumption of course.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Uses for Wild Mushrooms?

Post by SnowCat »

Mushrooms are sometimes associated with fairy rings. Maybe there are some uses in offerings to the Fae.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

When my sister was little she heard that fairies use mushroom rings for their dances and festivals, and for quite a while afterwards she would take little cakes and place them at the edge of the circle as a gift.

Not sure how that ever turned out for her, but I always liked that she did that.

But as for the mushrooms specifically, if you have no experience identifying them, just leave them be. Otherwise, you could end up making offerings with a fairly poisonous species, which I imagine would only attract toxic things.
astrowitch

Post by astrowitch »

Im aware of the fairy circles, but these are just bunches of them. I dont work with fae anyways.
And Im not necessarily looking to offer them, but more to crush them and use them in spellwork, but Im not sure if they work well for certain things. I would think theyd be useful in curses and binding spells, but I would like to be sure.
Becks

Post by Becks »

I find fungi super powerful and often use them for divination. I don't pick them, but how do they grow? Any pictures? Interesting shapes? I had a significant one last fall that was a skull, and it has literally been the death card. Full on endings and beginnings and rebirth.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”