meditations

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
Ravenstar

meditations

Post by Ravenstar »

I am beginning to ground, center and meditate. At first all I could feel was the heaviness I would feel as I grounded using the tree rooting image. Than after awhile of concentrating and imagining Spirit coming into me through my crown chakra as white light I actually feel energy and tingling slowly enveloping me. But, then what? I feel that if I don't keep focus on Spirits energy it will die down. Also, I count slowly from 10 til 1 joining down a twisty rock staircase all the while thinking of going deeper. I get to the ground floor and do affirmations and tell myself this is my basic psychic level. That nothing can hurt me here and that I will do psychic work here. But as of yet I don't know of how to incorporate psychic exercises into being. All this and still trying to concentrating on Spirits energy. And tonight I tried it. I couldn't even feel the energy and I couldn't concentrate. Is this normal? Am I going about it right or too much at one time? I need advice. Thanks. Blessings. :flyingwitch:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: meditations

Post by Firebird »

Hi Ravenstar, I realize this got by without a response, sorry for that. You raise a good question.
Sometimes when we are first starting out with meditation it is easier to start slow. A basic breathing exercise to begin with may be helpful. Sounds like you have a good start.
Sit comfortably and focus on your breath and count...in thru your nose 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10, pause 1.2 and out through your mouth 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10, pause 1.2 repeat. If you can't get to ten try 8 or 6. The idea is to be relaxed and rythmic. Set a timer for 3 minutes at first then build up on it, in time 15 minutes will be a nice span for this. When things come into your mind that are random or may trip up your count, just recognize it and let it go. For instance... breathe, 1.2.3 * oh I need to grocery shop* think, ok I'm planning then let it go, and breathe 4.5.6.7.8 *man that dude that cut me off really scared the crap out of me* ok I'm remembering then let it go, breathe 9.10. Pause 1.2 etc.... The greatest challenge is to not figure out the random thoughts that will come up. Recognize if you are planning, feeling, remembering what ever it is in the moment, then let it go. Back to counting and breathing. You could try slow rythmic breath without counting, but counting gives the brain one thing to focus on while you breath. There are alternatives to this like focusing on a mandala or some other object in the room, or focusing on sound and being present with the noises, without attaching stories to what you are hearing.
When you get a little more comfortable with quieting the mind, (which I would like to point out is not what the brain is designed to do, it is designed to think and wonder...and only monks who sit on top of a mountain all day are capable of this) Not saying it is impossible, just takes practice...then you can go a little deeper searching for guides and messages. Incidentally sometimes the random thoughts are the messages. After meditation examine if there is any hidden messages in the thoughts that make no sense. Like recently lion poped into my mind, I wanted to explore it in that moment, but remembered oh yeah...no analizing now, aknowledge ok willy nilly thought...back to breath (after, I researched lion and see this is energy I should be working with) So folks when the mind wanders (and it will) don't beat yourselves up and keep trying. Eventually you can incorporate more visuals and levels as in a pathworking.
blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: meditations

Post by SpiritTalker »

Speaking just for myself, i find that working the psychic into day to day being is to accept living with the ambiguous. The best advice I've had on meditation is to listen to the voice of the soul & ignore the chatter.

Return to “F.A.Q.”