My pendulum experiment

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Soni

My pendulum experiment

Post by Soni »

It's nothing fancy in my case, but almost gave me a heart attack when it worked because I didn't expect it at all. I'm still skeptical since I can move it at will and I can't think of a question to test it. For that reason I don't ask questions and rather keep the pendulum over a card with a question that's facing the table so I can't see it... my aim is to see if it actually works, I need to test it. As I'm writing it I tried using it on two occasions, and I never cleansed it - it's now taking a bath in sea salts so I could later do it your way.

Wednesday Yesterdays "conversations" (as much as I can remember) - calibrated only to "yes" and "no".
Do you like me? - yes
Would you prefer someone more experienced? - yes
Do you feel you need to be cleansed? - yes
Do you like being used this way (for divination)? - no
Do you want me to put you in sea salts? - yes
Do you want to rest? - yes

Thursday Today (I kept it over the questions that were facing the table so I couldn't see them)
Can I test you? (out loud) - yes
Do you like me? - no
Are you a woman? - no
Are you a man? - no
Do you dislike me? - yes

<break>

Do you have to answer? - no
Am I evil? - took a long time but finally yes
Can you lie? - yes

And I didn't dare to ask "Are you evil?" after that, coward me. I'm going to continue and try to catch myself out and see if it works or not. Unfortunately it wasn't able to tell me for how long to keep it in the salt, probably because I couldn't remember it myself. Knowing me it won't stay there longer than tomorrow evening anyway.
Soni

Re: My pendulum experiment

Post by Soni »

I didn't play much with the pendulum for the next few days due to lack of time and overall disappointment with it (I tried to steady my hand and then I wasn't able to use it). However today I picked it up as I lost a stone for my altar and thought I'd give it a go. I didn't ask to show me yes or no, because I wanted to get straight to the point and its the same anyways.

Wanna play? - no
Ok, then will you help me find the stone? - ...

And the pendulum started to move in a way it never did before. I was confused and asked this time to show me yes and no. What a few days ago was "no", now became "yes". And the new move was the "no". So what my pendulum wanted to tell me was it will play but will not help me find the stone. I won't ask anymore questions today :anxious:
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

This is a very interesting experiment! I love this. Please keep updating I am curious to know what happens for you next, but do please be careful :)
Silent Stream
Banned Member

Post by Silent Stream »

Wondering why you would ask your pendulum these types of questions, it is a tool, an extension of your inner, and higher self, your subconscious. My wand, pentacle, athame are an extension of me. I use my pendulum for talking to my dead relatives. I would only ask it 3 questions concerning it as a tool and that would be what is Yes, No, and don't know. Pendulums should be cleansed as you deem necessary like sunlight or moonlight. I sleep with mine under my pillow. Use it as such, you control it, it does not control you. Your arm will move the pendulum. It has to, as the pendulum can't move itself. It simply transmits the message via your arm in connection to your higher self, and higher spirit. Trust me, your pendulum does not have its own mind or personality. If it was me I'd get a new one and research how to correctly use one. Your questions, like you're asking might be opening the door to something you don't want. I hope this helps.

Return to “General Divination”