Scrying

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Scrying

Post by Naudia Threng »

Greetings, I am Seer Lily. In my opinion, a seer is anyone who divines through visual arts (i.e. scrying, dreams, meditation,etc.).Scrying is art of divination through a medium. Some of the most common mediums for scrying are crystal balls, shells, crystals, gemstones, oil, clouds, mirrors, and smoke. There are many different versions of how scrying works. There are three main beliefs:

1) Scrying is projecting images detected by the third eye, onto a shiny surface or into a crystal.

2) Scrying is a deity (or the fates) contorting an object to give imagery of future, past, or present events.

3) Scrying is peering through the dimensions and possibilities of time, to see the separate strands of fate.

These are all valid, depending on your faith. Scrying has been used throughout history, within many civilizations. The oracle of Delphi for instance, was a dream Seer. The oracle would put themselves into a trance like state, to recive messages from the gods. The Babylonians used a version of Oil Scrying where oil was rubbed on the thumbnail and forehead. The thumbnail was used as the mirror and the oil on the forehead was to increase the power of the third eye.

Scrying is often over dramatized in movies and televisions shows. The seer only sees vague images. Its not like a movie, more like a shadow show. I often combine many forms of scrying. I take a bowl of oil and float a smaller bowl of water on it. Than i float a small black mirror on the water and burn a candle on the mirror. I also surround myself with incense smoke. This all contributes to sharpen your perception in your seeings, because it allows more reciprocals for the images.

This has been a brief writing about Scrying with your friendly Seer Lily. Merry meet and may the mirror work for you!
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Adiens

Re: Scrying

Post by Adiens »

I, unfortunately, lost my scrying mirror years ago in a move before I had a chance to really hone my skills. I have always hoped to pick up scrying again, but just never got around to it. Thank you for this post it's inspiring me to do so as well as being rather informative.
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

I recently made a small closed off area for scrying.

It consists of a twin bed size platform with comforters and blankets on it. And some pillows. On the "feet" of the bed is a giant size poster frame scrying mirror. where the " head " of the bed would be another poster size scrying mirror. this area is closed off by three walls, and one sheet to drape across the open area.

I've had some ok experiences with this setup, as the area of the mirror tends to flex into my zone of vision. causing the "visuals" to be a bit more detailed.

I cant tell if the smoke from my incense is helping or hindering. What are some of your opinions on this? Do some people work better without smoke?

Also, my house can be quite loud sometimes with two dogs and three family members. With this being said I like to listen to music while doing this. I have tried astral travel binarial beats, and shamanic drumming beats. I think I like the drums better, however I am curious as to what others use. As you may be able to suggest something more up my alley.

cheers!
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

I personally use Binaural drumbeats at 432 hz. Just listening to it makes me like I'm almost in trance. I find that most problems with scry ling usually occur because of the seer. When using smoke, rather focusing on the image. Relax your vision and just watch. Let your eyes adjust and blur to the same level of clarity as your peripherals. Look upon the mirror like a hazy daydream. I have a pre-scrying ritual where I dance the salmon around my resin incense burner while burning incense in it. The salmon symbolizes knowledge. Then I follow up with a relaxed yoga session. Sucking your thumb helps to. That's where Finn burnt his finger on the salmon of wisdom.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

I'm going to give it another go tomorrow, I don't want to force another session tonight.

I think tmmw I'm just going to go with the candle. I don't have a problem zoning out at all. I can not blink for a ridiculous amount of time.. I enjoy open eye meditation with a nice view!
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I've always blinked during scrying, it's never messed with my results before. I've also never really put much thought into the lighting aspect (although I get better results in natural light when the sun isn't at its height anymore).

But that's really the key, don't force it. :) It'll happen in its own time and sometimes it can take awhile.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Vesca wrote:I've always blinked during scrying, it's never messed with my results before. I've also never really put much thought into the lighting aspect (although I get better results in natural light when the sun isn't at its height anymore).

But that's really the key, don't force it. :) It'll happen in its own time and sometimes it can take awhile.
I blink too. And its never caused problems. Although i was watching a scene unfold one time and i blinked and missed a bunch because it was going really fast. Oops!
Draconus

Post by Draconus »

Depending on what I use for scrying, I tend to need different levels of trance. I find the best thing for me is a flat black mirror and atmospheric sounds with deeper cavernous sounds. It seems to help with the meditative state. I don't have much issue getting images but it can take a bit. I saw an image of my rabbit once. Couldnt figure out what it meant. 2 weeks later I had to put the bunny down cause it got sick overnight. I haven't looked into a mirror or crystal since.

Return to “General Divination”