A Few Questions About Tarot

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Moonfire

A Few Questions About Tarot

Post by Moonfire »

Ok, so the first question I have deals with my safety in using them. I saw a thread in here where people have established that there is no negativity or anything in using them. My concern, however, is in I have an issue with a tricky negative entity that has been pretty firmly concluded to be demonic (although nothing set in stone). With this entity still around would it be safe for me to use them?

The second is, can your deck call out to you? Tonight I just suddenly felt a very strong call (or at least it seemed like it) and the feeling could not be put to words when I took them out of my wooden box. It felt amazing. I've wanted to use them for a while but since I was uncertain on how safe it would be for me to do so, I've never used them in the three months that I've had them. But not only did I feel something like a call tonight from my deck, I've felt a powerful pull to use them, beyond my desire to practice with them. It almost feels like I' supposed to.

Is this normal? I'm completely new to tarot cards so I'm not certain on if this is good or bad. Or if I should practice. Any answers would be appreciated!

Many Blessings~
YanaKhan

Re: A Few Questions About Tarot

Post by YanaKhan »

Hello, Moonfire.
To your first question, I can't really answer. Still, I think casting a circle will keep the entity out and you can practice and be safe.
On the second question - it's not only normal, what happened to you is amazing. I haven't felt this strong pull you describe, but I have felt an urge to go ask my cards about a problem I need to solve. Usually it's a great thing to go with your instincts. So a pull like yours should not be ignored.
Good luck and keep us posted :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have several decks of tarot cards. Sometimes one of them demands that I pull it out and do a reading. As the Borg would say, "Resistance is futile."

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

SnowCat wrote:As the Borg would say, "Resistance is futile."

Snow
i snorted a little
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
The_Reclining_Reader

Post by The_Reclining_Reader »

xxmoonxraverxx wrote:
SnowCat wrote:As the Borg would say, "Resistance is futile."

Snow
i snorted a little
I hear that's an addicting habit.

Anyway, Moonfire. Casting a circle would work. I would add that you should probably invoke whichever Deity you find appropriate for protection. Of course, if you want to go all out, try a Banishing Ritual (http://www.ecauldron.net/wiccanlbrp.php).

I can say that the cards called to me once. It was a time when nothing was going right for a friend of mine, and all through the night I couldn't stop thinking of my cards. I finally got up, pulled them out and read them. The next morning, I gave my friend the advice the cards have me (saying it was my advice, as he was a born-again Christian), and when he applied it, some, but not all, of his problems resolved themselves.
The Reclining Reader
Media Reviews and Tarot

Return to “Tarot Talk”