My Feelings Influencing Reading Outcomes?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Michala

My Feelings Influencing Reading Outcomes?

Post by Michala »

I am wondering if anyone knows how much our feelings influence a spread. I did a few spreads with both oracle and tarot and they both told me what I wanted to hear. I am not sure if that was actually the universe telling me something or if my strong feelings about the situation influenced the cards.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Feelings Influencing Reading Outcomes?

Post by Xiao Rong »

Moved this thread into the General Divination Forum.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

I'm not sure if it's our feelings influencing the outcome, or if it's simply the reader interpreting the cards in order to receive the outcome they desire. Sort of like twisting the facts to suit a theory. Either one is possible, I think. A lot of people, when they're feeling uncertain about a reading, will ask for a second reader, who has no stake in the outcome, to come in and perform their own reading. You could make a request in our Reading Section. Another option would be to have a second reader examine your findings and give you feedback as to whether or not they believe you're on the right track. We have a sub forum just for that here.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

Very much so. A woman I used to know (may her soul rest in peace) told me you should never read your own fortune (a vision striking you is a different matter). You know your problem and you read as you wish to see and thus can twist or change the meaning the cards are trying to tell you.
MrNitpicky

Post by MrNitpicky »

I do my own readings with my various tarot and oracles cards and a lot of those readings are helping
me with stuff. I believe fear can influence my readings. Belief in Tarot and Oracles cards can help
with readings.
Desire -> Expectation (Fear and Worry is not expectation) -> Action
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Personally I'd rather interpret the reading for yourself as a mirror in which you can see your emotions, expectations, fears and desires more clearly because we're not always aware of 100% of our emotions and thoughts.
So yeah, if the cards tell you what you wanted to hear (as long as it concerns only you, not involving other people) this could be an encouragement for you to start fulfilling your Will.
At the other hand, if the reading concerns you in relation with others this might not be the right way - as you suspected, you might in fact influence the cards just to see what you want to see, then proceed with what the reading told you to do and hurt someone etc.
So be really careful with reading your own future and use it wisely or learn not to use it at all. Not knowing what's awaiting you is much more fun :)

Return to “General Divination”