Ouija Boards on Halloween?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Klia

Ouija Boards on Halloween?

Post by Klia »

Hello all,

I am planning on using a ouija board tomorrow (Halloween) because it is the day our realm is closest to the other realm *duh*. Is this a smart idea to do on Halloween - especially if I'm new to it? Should I never use one? Do you guys have bad experiences? Or do you use one on Halloween too? I've used mine twice before with no results. But this will be my first try on Halloween. I'm sorry if I sound ignorant.

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm so curious. It's almost like 90% say to never even touch those things. But I feel if you're serious and cautious, it can be safe.

Blessed be!
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
TheGirlOfSecrets

Re: Ouija Boards on Halloween?

Post by TheGirlOfSecrets »

I personally would never do an Ouija Board, especially on Halloween. This is just my opinion, if you don't want to read on then fine, I'm ok with that, but if you want to read my reasons, then you're more than welcome. My mum wouldn't let me do an Ouija Board because it was dangerous. I was pretty depressed at the time, but then, if something happened, I knew I would want to have listened to my mum. Especially on Samhain, because the veils are thin, it can mean more danger, more spiritual meetings. That may seem like a good thing, but it could be a good things too. Now I'm not trying to encourage you to do an Ouija Board, but I would be quite interested in seeing what would happen, so if you do end up doing it, keep us updated! So, I wouldn't recommend it, but if you really want to, then go ahead, blessed be.
I am always never not broken.
Klia

Post by Klia »

That's the thing. I am scared to use it but at the same time, I'm not. It's the "what if" factor that really gets to me. I would love to hear other people's opinions on it because I have only done it twice. I do feel like a lot of people make up their stories or maybe some people can just contact spirits easier than others. Everyone I know says not to touch them, but I think it's because of that fear factor, not their own personal experiences. Thus, less personal experiences. I appreciate your feedback, though. Ouija boards are interesting but maybe on Samhain it could be just that more dangerous. Thanks!
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Communicating with anything outside the physical realm is dangerous. There's always the potential to open a door that you can't close. This is why protective circles and psychic shielding is very important. I come from a family of sensitives, so spirits, human and non, have always wanted to talk with me and I talk back. While that has its risks, it also has its rewards. Frivolous contact with the dead tends to not end so well in my experience. My best friend just recently was able to detach a nasty entity that had attached itself to her due, in my opinion, to her viewing ghost hunting as a casual hobby. She didn't take the dangers, or the ghosts for that matter, seriously.

If you're sincerely looking to speak with the dead to invite them to celebrate Samhain with you, to find closure perhaps, or to just talk with a sorely missed loved one, then I see no problem with the Ouija Board. It's a tool, not a sentient being. It's wood with letters painted on it. It's how you use the board, the intent behind the use, and the precautions you take that will determine just how dangerous the result of contacting the other side will be. I don't direct this at you, hon, because I think you will be careful if you decide to use it, but communicating with the dead isn't a game. They have feelings too. Some of them would rather be left alone. Non-human spirits can be considered this way as well. Maybe not emotions (although some have emotions), but no two are alike.

I hope that helps a bit. Either way, Samhain should above all be enjoyed. It's a celebration on a variety of levels. By all means invite your ancestors to enjoy it with you. They would likely enjoy it. It's ultimately up to you. :)

Bright blessings!

~Heartsong~
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Klia

Post by Klia »

There are definitely dangers to this. I decided that I will not partake in using the Ouija board tonight. Perhaps all the other times I tried using it was a sign. No one has ever contacted me. Like you said, they want to be left alone. And honestly, not many people I know have died. Maybe next year ;) In a more formal way, like a dinner. That's a really good idea.
Lunair

Post by Lunair »

If I remember correctly I think i tried it on Halloween once but nothing happened(not sure if this is a real memory or not, this happens to me sometimes, when I get memories mixed up with dreams/thoughts). Anyways just like you Ive used my board only a couple of times and well nothing happens so I might try it tonight after this post. I'm too chicken to turn off the lights and TV when I use the ouija board.I will try to update you on my experience with the board tonight by tomorrow.
Lunair

Post by Lunair »

Well as I promised I'm updating on my experience with the board. I used the board inside my protection circle and set up protection barriers for those also in the house. I asked my pendulum if it was wise to use it tonight and it answered "no" then I asked if it was safe to use it tonight and it answered "yes". I specifically wanted to talk to my grandma or any good spirit. I waited 5-10 minutes before ending the session, so nothing happened. It also might've been my fault since I'm not that patient.
Klia

Post by Klia »

Haha!! Is something wrong with us!? Why can't we get Ouija boards to work!? It kind of drives me mad. I do it in the dark with candles. Nothing.

Thanks for updating us on your Ouija board attempt!
Lunair

Post by Lunair »

Your welcome :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Seems like it would work better with more than one person's hand on the planchette (?) Try with one or two other friends, maybe.

Klia

Post by Klia »

^^ I have heard you need at least two people to use it. No one is brave enough to try with me tho. Everyone's scared of it! Grrr...
Lunair

Post by Lunair »

Klia wrote:^^ I have heard you need at least two people to use it. No one is brave enough to try with me tho. Everyone's scared of it! Grrr...
Right! I mean I have the board so all i need is one more person. My sister wont use it with me because shes always busy and she doesn't want to attempt it when her daughter/my niece is around (which I of course respect), plus my friend and I don't get to see each other a lot otherwise shed be attempting it with me.
Becky b

Post by Becky b »

Let me know how it goes, I personally have always believed That you have to be careful purely for that fact you are awaking the dead and you can un wake spirits that were best left rested. Just be careful and remember to protect yourself during and after your session pretty please..
Klia

Post by Klia »

Yes, everyone says Ouija boards are to never be touched. And it upsets me because I feel like it's not that bad - but then again they've never worked for me. I think some people make up stories about their boards just to scare people. And those people are the dumb ones who play around with them without thinking about the things they could invite in. There's another sabbat that is considered a thin veil to the other side. Just can't think of it right now.
Alina_Rose

Post by Alina_Rose »

I've used an ouijia board before by myself. It worked. I did it in daytime too... I met a ghost named Anna or Annie? Can't remember exactly but yeah... It was interesting
Blessed Be

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”