Oracle VS. Tarot

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Jade Rose

Oracle VS. Tarot

Post by Jade Rose »

For those of you who do both, or either, I just wanted to ask how would you go about interpreting Oracle readings?

I only did tarot, but I am interested in starting Oracle or at least look into it, but I have absolutely no idea about it's spreads etc.

Help? :mrgreen:
Vesca

Re: Oracle VS. Tarot

Post by Vesca »

I prefer Oracle decks to Tarot. I used Tarot for years and years and now I find it more... structured than divination is supposed to be (in my opinion anyway).

The Oracles I've encountered generally don't use "spreads." You draw a card or three to give you some insight on what you need to know about x and interpret it as you will.

Personally, I find Oracles to be far more direct, open, and brutally honest than my Tarot had been. My suggestion would really be to start browsing the different decks until you find one that speaks to you, and then give it an honest go. :)
Jade Rose

Post by Jade Rose »

Ohh, that sounds nice! I've always assumed oracles had spreads as well.

I haven't found one that I particularly liked or connected with yet (I haven't looked hard enough to be honest) but I'm waiting for the release of the Dreamdance Oracle by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law. The artist who did the Shadowscapes Tarot if you know it, I love her style. :)

I know I'll want to get it as soon as it's out haha. :)

Here's the link to it if you're interested: http://www.shadowscapes.com/Dreamdance/ ... .php?suit=
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Oh I made an exception when I bought her Shadowscapes deck... ^^ If you're feeling a pull (and it seems like you are), I would definitely say to give it a try!

I'm sure you could find Oracle spreads if you looked, I just don't find it particularly necessary. But hey, to each their own.
Jade Rose

Post by Jade Rose »

What do you mean by making an exception? Were you not going to buy it? :p

Oh yes, I will get it as soon as it's released (I hope I do!)

I don't think I'll look for spreads though, I like the simplicity of no spreads and I think they're still going to provide plenty of information regardless of whether they're in a spread or not but who knows haha, I'll have to try then. :)
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I don't usually look at Tarot decks to begin with, let alone buying any. :P Not for many years anyway.
Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

Jade Rose, Thanks for posting the link for that oracle deck! I have been looking to get an oracle deck (other than the tea leaves one I have) and I love the artwork. I have her tarot deck but lately have been feeling a pull to try out oracle cards more. When's the release date?
Jade Rose

Post by Jade Rose »

Alura wrote:Jade Rose, Thanks for posting the link for that oracle deck! I have been looking to get an oracle deck (other than the tea leaves one I have) and I love the artwork. I have her tarot deck but lately have been feeling a pull to try out oracle cards more. When's the release date?
Hi Alura! I'm glad you liked it. And I too have been more inclined to try out oracle decks lately.

As for the release date, it doesn't mention when on her website. It says it will first be published as high-quality cards and then mass-market, but again doesn't indicate when exactly. :(

Return to “General Divination”