Practical Experiences Working With Earth Energy

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Starwhisper

Practical Experiences Working With Earth Energy

Post by Starwhisper »

I thought I'd share a few experiences in the Elements section. I am curious to read others' experiences and to see what you think:

Long story short, I'm an intellectual sort who tends to relate to Air, and I wasn't too, too comfortable with Earth energy until I had a chance to go to Sedona, Arizona, this spring. Sedona could be an entire thread unto itself, but let's just say that that place will give you a crash course in Earth, fast, like it or not! It's a very, *very* intense place, IMO.

Anyways, from Sedona I got used to sensing and working with Earth as an almost magnetic force: I tend to visualize it as black, magnetic-like energy, which I can draw and focus via the left hand. Not sure about the hows and whys--that's just what works for me. Your mileage may vary. I can tell you that I've had much better experiences with shielding since learning more about Earth. I work in a career that involves a lot of interaction with angry, scared, and/or highly aggressive people. Being able to center and focus the sort of Earth energy I first experienced in Sedona has proven most helpful, to say the least.

Finally, I'll add that I live in a place that is very different from Sedona: green and forested. The Earth energy here feels more "diffused," so to speak, but since I now know what to "look" for, it still is quite accessible. I also get the sense that the plant-life and trees diffuse intensity and human negativity. This is something I noticed after getting back from Sedona.

Anyways, I hope this may be at least of interest--or perhaps even of some help--to others here who are interested in Earth.

Cheers!
Lovingvixen

Re: Practical Experiences Working With Earth Energy

Post by Lovingvixen »

Hello!
I did take interest in your above account. My element just so happens to be earth. I learned that a while back when I realized I connected best with nature. When I summon energy from earth, i always imagine it being a green-grey color and gathering around me, closest to the North. I don't try to control or bend it, but I do use it to help me tap into certain parts of my life and subconscious mind that I normally try to hide. Now I'm wondering: Can you (specifically you, not general) communicate with the elements? I have asked a lot of people with different views of spirituality and many different beliefs, but they all have said to be inadequate in this. I found that surprising, since I seem to be skilled at it.
Cheers to you, as well!
Love.
Evanthe

Re: Practical Experiences Working With Earth Energy

Post by Evanthe »

I haven't spent much time out in that area but my grandfather chose to have his ashes scattered there. He was very drawn to the area and now it makes sense to me. Ive Been overwhelmed when i got to the desert. I'm more drawn to the lush green areas. Might be that you needed to callibrate in order to connect and the desert helped you do that. Cool.
Evanthe
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
-C.S Lewis

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”