Are Certain Elements Useful for Dif. Spell Types?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Victoria Mnemosyne

Are Certain Elements Useful for Dif. Spell Types?

Post by Victoria Mnemosyne »

Sorry if this is somewhere in there, I took a look around and couldn't find any.
I'm wondering if there's certain times you'd want to use earth as opposed to say, fire. Are there certain characteristics that make it better at certain things, ie is Fire for Love? or is Air for banishing? Is it all subjective? Or would you want to incororate all of the elements into each spell you perform? :?
Fionn The Mutt

Re: Are Certain Elements Useful for Dif. Spell Types?

Post by Fionn The Mutt »

I'd rather incorporate all of the elements. All things in the universe are made from the elements, although there are more dominant aspects in things, even the earthly representatives of the elements. Ultimately, there are aspects that you'd prefer to be dominant, so track down which spell/ritual components are going to bring about those aspects and work with them.
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Yes there are, each element on its own is powerful and compleet, I use certain elements for certain things. If it's a financial matter you would be better of using one element over the other, if its for love earth or fire can work depending on what you want. It also has to with how you view the elements. For me the element air might mean something completely different than it does to you. Decide for youself and you can call up the spirit of whatever element you believe is needed.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
azuran

Post by azuran »

While I call in all the elements, if I find a spell better using one element or the other I make that one more prominent. As Autumn said, it all depends on how you view the element.
Victoria Mnemosyne

Post by Victoria Mnemosyne »

but are there standard characteristics of each element?
azuran

Post by azuran »

There are sort of generalities, but I always seem to clash with what most witches follow as I constantly take things at my own level.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”