Performing in a Local Church

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
Hubertus

Performing in a Local Church

Post by Hubertus »

Well, it happened again! First, you're asked to play something for Christmas in a church, then you play the last post, and now they asked me to sing for good Friday! I have to sing Shadows in the Night, and Were You There?, 2 songs about Christ's death. Now, here is the rub; I'm a witch, singing in a church about the death of their lord. Does anybody else think I should not be doing this?
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

it's all about your intent behind the singing.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Asch

Re: Performing in a Local Church

Post by Asch »

If it makes you feel better Mithras is basically Christ there are some VERY suspicious parallels between their mythologies. Bone up on what you can find about Mithras and think of him when you sing. It won't be a lie and you won't be compromising yourself.
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
Artie

Re: Performing in a Local Church

Post by Artie »

Its alright, I'm in chorus and most of our songs are about christ and our "great king" blahblah...I sing them but there's ZERO feeling behind it.
Here in the forest, dark and deep
I offer you the gift of eternal sleep.

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”