Why Is My Cat Obsessed With My Tarot Cards?

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
MidnightWolf
Banned Member

Why Is My Cat Obsessed With My Tarot Cards?

Post by MidnightWolf »

Everytime I get my tarot cards out my cat suddenly appears. Then she follows me around while I find somewhere quiet. And when I do readings she is there...and she will sit by the side of the spread. Tonight she actually fell asleep on top of the deck of cards! Why is she so obsessed with them?

Blessed be
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Cats are real sensitive to magic. *and helpful* When I tried tarot my cats would come around. They come to my computer more often now that I post here.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Merry Meet, MidnightWolf.

It sounds as though you have a physical familiar on your hands there. :28: My Maggie-dog is very big on my tarot reading. She has even been known to change the upright/reversed status of a few I've laid out as well.

Anytime an animal is lending their energy to yours while you work magic of any sort (including ritual and divination forms as well), and they do this by just being interested and present, there with you... they are working as your physical familiar. Definitely welcome her into your space and encourage her involvement.

~Bright Blessings~
*MoonStone
Ilikedeadpeople

Cats on my cards

Post by Ilikedeadpeople »

When I spread my cards out, my most sensitive cats come over, stand up on their hind feet and touch the cards with their front feet.
sheelanagig

Post by sheelanagig »

Hehe My cats tend to always be trying to get in on the act....
If I am reading they sit on the book or the paper, or even put their faces in front of mine and demand attention. :D

They also lie on my keyboard so I can't type when using the computer...

[wind_wolf]

Post by [wind_wolf] »

lol could she be your familair n be trying to help u:P?

if not mabe she as a cat(sencitive to magic) shes sencetive to magic
with our breath out we give life with our breath in we take life

may the light watch over you
and shadow be blind to you
kellie_girl

Post by kellie_girl »

my cat as well sits on my tarot cards or sits right next to me when I'm using my pendulum. It is funny my cat hides most of the time but when ever I am working with magic she is right there pawing at whatever I'm doing.
Sapphire

Post by Sapphire »

i have a bird and whenever i get ready to do a reading with my tarot cards he always starts peeping as loud as he can. i dont really know if thats relevent or not...but still haha
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I had a dog that wanted to work magick with me....She ate my tarot cards and gave them to me as a gift... :/ The funny thing is that the deck is the Shapeshifter Tarot...how ironic. I still use them from time to time, but rarely. What a gift! LoL. My kitten used to rub herself all over my other deck, The gilded tarot. It just means either they're ready to be a familiar or they already consider themselves your familiar.
whitewitch

Post by whitewitch »

As she is your familiar she is most likely offering her assistance in your magical workings.
another chance tomorrow

Post by another chance tomorrow »

My black kitten, Emo, sits on my lap when I meditate. He doesn't try to disturb me, he just curls up and gets comfortable. He's not usually a cuddly cat, so this is odd behavior. I'm new to Wicca so I haven't tried working any magick yet, but could he possibly be my familiar or want to be such?
Black_Cat

Post by Black_Cat »

my cat midnight also loves my tarot cards. she always tries to open the box i put them in and when i bring them out the sits right in front of me and puts her paws on it.
When the shadows come...
when the moon is full....
the black cat is here....
AmberCraft

Post by AmberCraft »

I think your cat wants her fortune read. blue_blank I know. It's a shocker, isn't it?
ikaba

Re: Why Is My Cat Obsessed With My Tarot Cards?

Post by ikaba »

Yeah, my cat is also really into tarot. There's been times when she likes to lay down on the spread, messing everything up, but I usually take that as a sign or if she shows great interest in a specific card. And when I lay down to meditate she likes to lay down on my chest. The only problem is how she gets way too close to lit candles. Once she burnt some hair off her tail and I had to throw her into the shower, lol. She did not like that!

Return to “Animals and Pets”