Failed hero?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Orion

Failed hero?

Post by Orion »

I've always this one dream off and on for as far as I could remember. Well, a scenario really. The scenes and characters change, but not the roles. The scenes are where I am if its a day-dream, or while sleeping it is somewhere I am commonly.
Perhaps it is from too much tv/video games and a lack of self-esteem, with a side of boredom. I do less with games and tv than I used to, and mostly corrected my self-hating and boredom issues within the last year. But they still happen, kind of distracting when it is a day dream that makes me forget reality for a few minutes lol.

Anyway, this is the basic play orchastrated by my distorted mind:
I'm somewhere doing something ordinary (sitting in class, messing on the computer, planting in the field). Then some random group of three come up to me (typically 'shaddy fellows,' federal agents, police) and ask to see me about an important situation, claiming they 'know.' Then the whole bad vibe thing gets to me and I can tell there is some more to it. For various reasons the trio and their buddies and me get in some sort of fight (swords, guns... and pretty much everything in between). I do okay, but I tend to end up in the mortally wounded situation and call out for certain people (pretty much the people I trust that I know face to face or on the net) with various methods (teleporting them in, mental shout, and even once with a computer). They somehow continue the fight and it ends.

Handful of symbols that repeat a lot but likely cause my mind has never really completely rewritten the scenario. Mostly it seems like its the little kid's "I want to be the hero!" dream with a heroicly tragic ending. Always makes me tired or sore though, and I dont like tragic endings lol.

So is it probably some issues with myself I need to resolve, or just the random crude in my brain trying to flush itself?
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
silvermists

Post by silvermists »

I get the feeling that, because this dream is reoccuring, there is something important in it. You should write down every single, little detail, no matter how insignificant it may seem, of every version of the dream you can remember. Try to recall the people in it, the setting, the weather, the lighting, the way you felt, what you thought, the tones of people's voices, what everyone were wearing, even colours. My friend once had a dream where the cracks in a black sidewalk meant she felt alone, isolated, and emotionally drained.

Try to do these things, and maybe we can figure something out. There isn't much information to go on in you post.

Blessed Be,
Krissi
Orion

Post by Orion »

I guess I can try to think on it, never really thought to analyze them deeply... always just took the general feel. From one of my night time dreams, since the day ones use the available props for most:

The most common one is in a classroom back in high school. I think I had one class in there before, nineth grade. History, social studies, something of that nature. A few posters on the wall, most of them I cant focus on except one of a night sky with the Orion constellation (probably because I've always been interested in it). Everyone is wearing the usual light colors, they all seem to have brown hair and look pretty much alike. I'm wearing my bulky black jacket (lots of pockets to carry my junk, so I almost always have it), my green or orange shirt, and jeans. I can't seem to center on the teacher very well, they're ordinary like the other students. Someone knocks on the door, teacher steps outside and talks to them a moment. Then the teacher asks to see me. The usual "looks like he's in trouble" gossip whispers around the room. Glance at the clock, looks like it is almost a quarter after twelve. I'm in the hall with the three black suited men (secret service rip-offs), teacher is gone and door closed. Noone is in the hall, or near at least. They begin talking to me, something I've done or am doing. They say I need come with them for questioning... but my stomach feels sick. There are more of them around me now. The one that talked before has a gun in his hand, I knew he was going to do it. My chest hurts, have trouble breathing. Been shot, and he's standing over me for the next one. I can't let it end... something I have to protect. Taste of blood and acid. I'm fighting with a sword. It's simple and perfect, an engraving near the hilt; a rose with a single thorn protruding from it. My enemies, some now demons, are hard pressed against me. Wait... it's not going so well. I can't keep up, too many. Someone watching nearby, we're outside. Several people watching, but they won't get the hell away, not matter what I say! Heart is pounding in my ears, need help. I scream, it echoes in my mind, "Time to step up, and I step down." I'm telling people far in the distance over the horzion as I fall. I hit the ground but don't feel anything anymore.

That took effort at first to remember. Now, I'm sweating and shaking. I think I'm gonna lay down
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
Orion

Post by Orion »

This is probably the result of an overactive imagination. Can someone just lock and/or delete it? I don't wanna waste people's time with it.

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Are you sure you want it locked or deleted? (and which one?) There are some good dream interpreters around here sometimes and they may be able to help if they see this thread. I just saw it for the first time.

Here is what I read about being killed in a dream:

Killing

To dream that you have been killed, suggests that your actions are disconnected from your emotions.

This dream may also represent a part of you or your life that you wish would leave you alone and stop creating a nuisance. Killing may represent the killing off of old parts of yourself and old habits.

Killer
To see a killer in your dream, suggests that an essential aspect of your emotions have been cut off. You feel that you are losing your identity and your individuality. Alternatively, this dream may represent purification and the healing process. You are standing up for yourself and putting a dramatic end to something.

School
To dream that you are in school, signifies feelings of inadequacy and childhood insecurities that have never been resolved. It may relate to anxieties about performance and abilities. You may also be going through a "spiritual learning" experience. If you are still in school and dream about school, then it will naturally serve as a backdrop to your dream world. Alternatively, a dream that takes place in school may be a metaphor for the lessons that you are learning from your waking life.

High School
To dream about high school, refers to the bounds and friendships that you made while you were in high school. What spiritual lessons have you learned? The dream may also be telling you that you need to start preparing for the real world.

Demons
To see demons in your dream, represents ignorance, negativity, distress or your shadow self. It also forewarns of overindulgence and letting lust give way to your better judgment. As a result, your physical and mental health may suffer.

I couldn't find "men in black" or "black suits" or anything like that, but here is the closest I came to it:

Government
To dream of the government, signifies power and the qualities/feelings that rule your life. For example, does greed, lust, or love guide you in how you live? This dream may also reflect your views about society at large.

Violence
To see violence in your dream, indicates unexpressed anger or rage. You need more discipline in your life. The dream may also reflect repressed memories of child abuse.

Teacher
To see your teacher (past or present) in your dream, suggests that you are seeking some advice, guidance, or knowledge. You are heading into a new path in life and ready to learn by example or from a past experience. Consider your own personal experiences with that particular teacher. What subject was taught? Alternatively, it may relate to issues with authority and seeking approval. You may going through a situation in your waking life where you feel that you are being treated like a student or in which you feel you are being put to a test.

Maybe reading some of that can help you put it together. Here is where I found those:
http://www.dreammoods.com/

Orion

Post by Orion »

Wow, perhaps there really is something to it bouncing around in my head. Thanks !

And it defiently explains why this dream has been more common at certain times of my life... Maybe I really should let myself meditate on this one instead of avoiding it most of the time. Thanks for the site as well, pretty informative :)

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That's great. I'm glad you are getting some insight into it. Dream interpretation seems to be easier if you have some education in psychology or something like that, but if you just think about it enough, the answer will probably come to you.

Orion

Post by Orion »

Psychology has always interested me ;) Was planning on taking it next year, the high school class I took on it... it was a coach that really didn't teach... :P

I keep a dream journal now (well, I use my 'random stuff' book for it). Only used it twice, yesturday after a half-meditating nap I gained a few images when I woke up an hour and a half later. And today I got two fairly deep dreams from a two hours nap thing.
In the morning I am busy avoiding waking up my roommate and too groggy to remember anything. These day time naps I am using don't pull me in as deep. I take naps like this usually, a little meditation and then let the body and mind both relax and sleep. Just yesturday I snagged up my random book (I keep certain yoga routines in it, and it was a failed weekly journal) and scrippled a description of the images. Today, before my roommate's alarm clock to send him to band went off (blarg), I had two really good ones that I'm going to look over a bit. The memories of them are mostly gone already, and it was just an hour ago I woke up. Dream journals are awesome =)

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I agree it's easier to remember your dreams during a nap than at night. I rarely ever remember any dreams that I had at night. I kind of wish I did though. The dream journal is a good idea. I tried that before, but it takes me so long to write down all the detail that I can remember that my hand starts hurting, plus my back always hurts if I write for a long time. I would do much better typing it on a computer.

Orion

Post by Orion »

I guess I could type it out, would work out with the silly little program I'm making :p. I type a lot faster than I write and easier to read, hehe. Especially since I had to make little comments in the text to clarify certain parts for later on. Guess I just happen to be secretive at times, writing in a small book was less noticable at the times then turning on computer screen.
Something for me to try :)

hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Hey there
Your dream tells me that maybe you are avoiding a certain situation, or are putting up with something because it is the easiest option to take. Yes there will allways be fufilling aspects to your life, but I get the impression that you are holding back on something and if only you let yourself go, you would excel to levels you couldn't even imagine.

That's just what I'm getting.

hedge
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Hey (and everyone else)... a great tip I can offer for remembering your dreams (which is darn near impossible to accomplish for about the first week or so...) is to not move at all when you first wake from your dream.

I've been taking an esoteric online course (heard about it here actually,) and that is one of the first activities in opening your mind to astral travel and inner discovery. It works too, just darn hard to get the hang of. (Especially if you're one of those people that wakes up from.... um, how do I say it.... too much water before bed...?!?) :?

Hope that helps- give it a try and don't give up hope. But remember to write them all down within those first five minutes-- it leaves as quickly as it arrives.

~BB~ :28:

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”