wind is my element

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

I personally don't believe that the elements can be controled. you can work with them and feel connected to them.. but never control them. I would have to see proof on that one, and for me, that is quite rare.
**Nothing is set in stone**
Tinevisce

just my opinion

Post by Tinevisce »

This is just my opinion, but, I think that having a correspondent element doesn't give you control over it, it's just that you can call it's qualities more easily
Mel

Post by Mel »

I am 'supposed' to be Earth 'cuz of my birthday, but I have always had a WICKED strong connection with fire, so i am fire. Is there any direct proof of element control, 'cuz it sounds interesting and something that i would probably try. Anybody got any advice on how to do it, send it my way please :D
Nicademus Li Undit

Post by Nicademus Li Undit »

i seeing that there are other people that are in the same ralm in understanding that thangs can be achived if only one pusheds there boundries to the limits it goes with out saying to alwats try to do more than you can and to try harder than frist intened on doing nic here say thank u^_^
[Epothes]

Post by [Epothes] »

Nicademus Li Undit wrote:see it is more like that of the way of the china's mages the chi master wizards, etc. they feel that if they push on thriugh their limits that they can do anything. you see whren you where younger you did not have boundreis and now you do because you think of them but if you just let go foucs and train you can do this and much more. it may sound some what stupid but i have seen some of the listed things from peple that have be in longer then me. cause combustion (like on paper or something), control the srrenght and direction and many other of things thanks ^_^ NIc
This reaches into the boundries of psionics a "science" that has just started. They don't like religion to get in the way of their teachings to they basically teach you how to move stuff with your mind, use telepathy, and make things burst into flames. http://www.psipog.net/ They tend to shy away from magick. But yeah. Its all true that you can do this and I myself am training. Its like magick but it works faster and you see instant results.
~Epothes~
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

I should came here sooner. Ah well, time for my two cents.

This is directed mostly to Hedge. Why do you feel so strongly that people can not gain at least a small degree of control over the elements in someway? I see it as very possible. Its just a matter of connecting to and manipulating the element. As you have read here, some can control flames to some degree, and I myself have done a bit of wind work, mostly a small breeze on a hot still day, but it is still element control. I will even go a step further. Perhaps its not even element control. It may just be the boundless powers of the human mind at work. You, and this is for all, should not dissmiss this kind of thing as impossible. You are witches, you work magic, manipulate energies and converse with spirits and gods. Yet, still, you believe something as this to be impossible, such a strong word, you are saying tat there is no way at all this can happen, yet you cast the spells and make the magic for things that make this seem mundane. I do realise this contriicts a post I made some time ago, but I was, and am still learning, as should you all. Take this to heart people, nothing is impossible unless you think it so.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
Elem

Elemental Control

Post by Elem »

Just as a side-note..

The Elements, as in, the discreet forms of energy that I myself work with.. Are simply named 'Fire', 'Earth, 'Air' and 'Water'. This does not mean that they are intrinsically tied to the physical elements of the same names.

The actual names were conceived many years ago, when scientists tried to explain what the world was 'made' of, by looking at what things turned into.. In particular, dead bodies.

When they burned a body, it disappeared. Thus, they thought it was 'becoming' fire. When they put it out to sea, it disappeared.. Thus they thought it 'became' water. When they buried it, it decomposed, 'becoming' earth.. And when they left it in a high place, it disappeared (was eaten by scavengers, most likely), thus 'becoming' air.

This theory was abandoned when people started dabbling in chemistry, but the names appear to have been taken on by Pagan and other religions, and applied to types of energy.

However, the names that have been given to the energies of The Elements have nothing to do with their physical forms.. They are simply convenient names that provide an easy and effective way of visualising the energy.

In short, 'Elemental Control' is not manipulating physical fire, earth, air and water.. It is manipulating the energies that make up the very fabric of the Universe.

What you are referring to is simply a form of telekinesis, allbeit at a much more molecular level. For instance, you may exert control over atoms in the wick of a candle, giving them enough energy to combust, making the candle light.

Telekinesis is difficult, and thus manipulation of this kind (even at this level) is near-impossible. Either way, it's easier to light a match or use a lighter <wink>.

Hope this helps clear a few things up.

Warm Regards,

Elem.

Teach me

Post by Guest »

FourSouls wrote:Yes controling your element is not hard.
I am you humble slave and would be honoured if you could tell me how you did that?

Portugal Cottages France Cheap Flights
quicksilver

Post by quicksilver »

PaganEgyptian

Post by PaganEgyptian »

I am sorry to attend so late.

One thing I would like to know, and hopefully I am correct.... but You are insisting that you are working with Elementals right?
Working directly with the Elements can be disasterous, even for me. One must really know what they are doing to even attempt to do work with Elements. I have spoken with other 3rd Degree Wiccans within the league and decided, that it is absolute, a last resort to use only in teh most severe of situations, and that, ever needed the entire league would join together and do the working. These topics were discussed with other leagues as well and saw it as comon law.

I may be talkingtoo adavanced, but I wanted to make sure someone isnt doing something crazy.

One other point I would like to advise if utilizing Elementals, is to use aids. Using tools to help you is a good thing. Example of using large feathers in each hand to aid in encapsulating a larger amount of energy from the air.
-Tim
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

elementals dangerous? You can't be serious. If you believe that, I'd hate to see you with a key of solomon. Elementals are among the most simple spirits. I've worked with and even created them on numerous occasions. It is pretty easy.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
[wind_wolf]

Post by [wind_wolf] »

i've known since i was 8(1/2 my life) that i was apart of magic only advise accept it as part of u:P
with our breath out we give life with our breath in we take life

may the light watch over you
and shadow be blind to you

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”