Disturbing News Video

Helping Mother Earth, Recycling, Picking up Litter.
Peregrine

Disturbing News Video

Post by Peregrine »

I stumbled upon this news video on Yahoo. For many years, I had listened to opponents and critics cry over-reaction, propaganda against what-have-you, hype, and the like. Is it all still just a dinosaur from the bygone hippie days? :evil:

http://gmy.news.yahoo.com/v/9856612

It is just as well the price of oil has become so expensive, the masses finally are seeking alternatives and that demand for hybrids has skyrocketed. It should have happened years ago, but at least it is finally happening. I think my new cause would be algae fuel, so that corn can remain food among other reasons. But I digress.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

It is good to see people begin to get motivated and find alternative energy...hope the trend continues.
Cherokeewind
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

I think the link is no longer working... All I got was a bunch of advertisement. Alternative energy is all good, but only if we are not replacing one evil with another. Like using corn-based fuel, and that skyrocketed the price of corn for people who rely on it as a main source of food.
Only in silence the word,/ only in dark the light,/ only in dying life:/ bright the hawk's flight/ on the empty sky. --Le Guin
hcfp

Re: Disturbing News Video

Post by hcfp »

Phorum Ghost wrote:I stumbled upon this news video on Yahoo. For many years, I had listened to opponents and critics cry over-reaction, propaganda against what-have-you, hype, and the like. Is it all still just a dinosaur from the bygone hippie days? :evil:

http://gmy.news.yahoo.com/v/9856612

It is just as well the price of oil has become so expensive, the masses finally are seeking alternatives and that demand for hybrids has skyrocketed. It should have happened years ago, but at least it is finally happening. I think my new cause would be algae fuel, so that corn can remain food among other reasons. But I digress.

Alternative source can be of great help not only to consumers but to the manufacturers as well. It can give massive employment and at the same time can lessen the pollution brought by industrialized products.

If only investors could turn garbage into useful product, let's say fuel then isn't it great.

Return to “Environmentalism”