Old Member, New Intro

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Old Member, New Intro

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Hey everyone! I'm not necessarily new around here but I've been gone for a while and so much has changed for me that I thought I'd do a new intro to try and connect (and re-connect) with some people here for inspiration and to reignite my presence.

I don't have great terms to define my spirituality. Eclectic would probably fit best. I was raised as a Christian and in my 20s I had a series of metaphysical experiences that sent me on a quest to learn more about them. I found this forum sometime back around 2012-2013 and I learned a LOT! But, try as I might I could never really connect with any other Gods or Goddesses. At this time I was also learning a lot about the ancient astronaut theory. (That's right, ancient aliens) I was making all these connections between what I was learning about paganism and the ancient gods of antiquity mixed with what little I know about human history and it just really made sense to me.

I know this is a very offshoot belief system that is not supported by historians or theologians alike. It's like I don't fit in with Christians OR Pagans. It's made it very difficult for me to find fellowship with like-minded individuals which has made it hard to maintain my eclectic spiritual practices. I did meet one friend a few years ago who was pagan and we had so much in common, right down to our careers! I haven't lost touch with her exactly but we are just on very different walks of life right now and it's been really hard to find time to connect. Plus, I always put in more effort than her, and I'm tired of that. She's going through a major transformation right now and I get it, it may not be personal. But, I still don't like feeling like I'm chasing her down so that we can talk Tarot and I can feel inspired to work on my spirituality.

Speaking of Tarot I should mention that I've read Tarot off and on since 2009. My favorite deck is the Tarot of Pagan Cats. I've always had a special connection with cats. Dogs too but cats going back to my childhood as I wasn't allowed to own a dog but I always had a cat. I'm not really into spells or big rituals but more practical ones like using shower water to wash off negativity or sweeping it out of my house with the broom. I would do more spells and rituals if I wasn't so deeply in the "broom closet". My husband and a few select friends are aware of my beliefs and hobbies but I have a deep fear of conflict and rejection (that took a lot of self-work to even recognize) and I can't bring myself to be more expressive of my beliefs or practice them in the open. My family and my husband's family are both very religious and I just cannot bring around to be honest with them. Again, this stifles my spirituality and ultimately leaves me feeling very lost sometimes in my own life and doings.

That said, I came here hoping to connect with some people who will accept me in spite of my alien beliefs and inspire me in my spiritual practices. I'm 35, a former teacher, I'm into gardening, cooking (not baking lol), camping/hiking/outdoors, music, animals, the enneagram (self-development tool), and currently toddlers because I have a 2-year-old. Thank you for reading my long post and if you need me I'll be scouring the site for tips for disguising an alter. I think an altar in my dining room would help remind me more often to take time to be spiritual but my mother-in-law comes over to my house all the time and she would be the most bothered by this more than anyone else AND she's the one most likely to bring it up..

Peace and love,
Rosie
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Old Member, New Intro

Post by Firebird »

Rosie!!! My goodness woman! I have missed you.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

So glad you decided to re explore your spiritual side. How's the baby doing these days, you donated your kidney to him? Is that what I read? You are amazing but I imagine there wasn't any hesitation when that became an option.

I think a seasonal display in the dinning room that contained items that remind you of your path would be pretty innocuous. Then as the seasons change you might tell her it's your seasonal display and don't go into depth about why any of the items are there.
It's really good to see you back.
Check out the mod forum to catch up on any news over there.
Blessings dear!
Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Hey Firebird!! I was just about to shoot you a little private message to try and connect with you! And yes, I did donate a kidney to my 2 year old about 8 weeks ago. And, you’re right it was a no-brainer. The only hiccup was that I was pregnant when I did my testing to see if I was a match and ended up having a miscarriage unfortunately but it all worked out because then I was able to donate. Needless to say, I’ve had a lot on my plate.

I LOVE the idea of a “sneaky” seasonal display! Seasonal and nature rhythm type magick really resonates with me more than others because it really exemplifies the connection between the earth and other planets (and moon), and the humans affected by those connections. That interconnectedness between the universe and everything in it is so real to me!

I also think it would be fun to collect items from my hikes during certain seasons to add to my “seasonal display”. What a great way to be creative too! Thanks for the suggestions!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Fantastic! She'll never know, and of course it really isn't her business anyway but I do understand how inlaws can stir the pot and some can quite a problem, especially the hard core xtians.
Looking forward to seeing you a bit more!
Bb, F.
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Oh my, you have no idea how difficult she really is! But, honestly my work with the enneagram has shown me that even though she has issues, my husband I avoid the conflict with her and don’t enforce our boundaries, and so she pretends there are none. We do love her and want her in our lives but she always takes things really, really personal so it’s difficult to enter into that conflict with her. We’re a work in progress but at least I understand the situation for what it is now, it’s helped me let go of some the resentment I was feeling towards her. Anyways, any other ideas for my altar please don’t hesitate to send them my way!

Rosie

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”