Breaking Connections

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
SilverMoon22

Breaking Connections

Post by SilverMoon22 »

Hey all,

I hope everything is going well.

What do you all think about this connection breaking ritual that is becoming popular? Two candles set apart, surrounded by thin ropelike material. The candles are lit and is supposed to break the connection as it burns the rope.

I am asking for me. No matter what I do, I feel attached to someone fiercely . I have even moved states away to try and weaken the feel of being so close to that individual. Still, nothing. I've done the self love, healing parts of myself that could cause attachment. I have dug deep into my childhood and have asked for advise. I meditate and pray and even tried just keeping myself busy most of the time.

I only get a few days relief at most. They are intrusive and painful thoughts and feelings. And I feel tired all the time. I have not been myself at all since physical separation. this pull I feel is so draining to fight.

If the candle magick is false, is there anything else any of you would recommend?

-KookieKrisp :flyingwitch:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Breaking Connections

Post by Firebird »

Is it just the thoughts that are intrusive or does this individual continue to contact you even though you have moved?
I have heard of cord cutting ceremonies to release oneself from another, but I like this idea of burning too. So, does each candle represent the person? Maybe individualize by writing the name on the candle. Or better yet you could make a poppet representing each of you and tie a ropelike thread (which can be the cords that bind us) between the two then place a candle under the line and when it burns the tie is broken. I would make it a whole ritual, name the poppets put personal items in each, if possible, express your desire to be free from this bond by saying "free me from this bond". Refrain from saying what you DON'T want out of the ritual and focus on the positive and what you DO want. ie; leave out any and ALL words that have the word no in it or the contraction therein.
Like don't say "I don't want this person in my life anymore", but more like "remove this person from my life, forever." It can be difficult, and you would be surprised how often we say what we don't want rather than what we do.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SilverMoon22

Post by SilverMoon22 »

No, this person has done things in the background like stalking. This is why I feel like I need to turn to some sort of ritual. I think there may be other forces aside from plain obsession at play. Obsessing in the dark is the scariest. If your enemy is loud, at least you know who they are, but this one does behind the scenes work. I am afraid of them, but I keep feeling an uncomfortable pull, and I am literally screaming "no" in my head at the voice that pushes me to contact him to the point that I sometimes cry. I really do not want it. I will try naming the candles as I do not have the materials to make puppets. This is a good idea Firefly. Thank you.

I did receive an unknown caller call today. I just deactivated my Instagram accounts a couple days ago. Blocking their number is how they used to call someone close to me to say things about me. So that call today triggered me. Even if it wasn't them, the ptsd wont allow me to just brush it off as a bill collector.

And now that you mention it, I do always say "no" and "dont".
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Do you have a restraining order? That may offer a wee bit of comfort, at least in knowing they will be arrested if they break it, stalking is definitely against the law. However you didn't say if it was physical stalking or internet stalking. Either way the effects on the psyche are the same and it's clear this is giving you great distress. It could take a long time mentally to break the "connection", and it's important to remain dedicated to your recovery those steps you've been taking for self care are excellent. I suspect you cared very much for this person.
Carry out your breaking the bind ritual then follow thru by blocking them on social media, get a restraining order if you feel they may hurt you, and refrain from reaching out. You might try writing what you would say, then burn it. Sometimes we'll meaning friends complicate things, be clear to them that you intend to sever this connection with this person that is wearing you out.
Blessings of success
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”