The Bubbling Cauldron revisited

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Bubbling Cauldron revisited

Post by Firebird »

Here is the outline:

If anyone has anything they want to add real quick make your wish be known, I will transfer this to the depository tomorrow morning.

BALANCE RITUAL

This is to be be preformed within 48 hours of the last quarter moon in Sept, which is the 28th or 29th depending where you are, ideally at dawn or dusk. BUT this can also be preformed any time of the year at dawn or dusk on any 1st or last quarter moon. Utilizing the between times.

Items Needed:
*lemon balm (lemon peel will sub)
*Lavender (for purple color)
*orange peel (for orange color)
*Candle scent diffuser to simmer the above herbs in.
*several grey rocks various sizes.
*grey clothing/or scarf/or cape/or altar cloth.
*Pencil and paper crayons or colored pencils/a hard surface to draw on.
*tarot card "Justice" /or drawing of scales /or drawing of an eternity symbol on it's side.
*purple and orange flowers if you have some.

Prepare your space:
Put on the grey clothing.
Play the Depeche Mode song "Get the Balance Right" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfiISFiozg8 , while arranging the grey stones on the ground near the altar. Stack two, three and four one on top of the other. Make as many stacks as you have rocks for.
Set up your altar as you normally would adding these items;
The candle scent diffuser with lemon balm, lavender and orange peel. Lit and begin simmering.
The Justice card or other drawings of scales or eternity symbol.
place flowers on altar if you have them.

Cast circle:
as you would normally, requesting help form the energy of Libra and any other deities within your field of work.
Now work on the drawing, your Empowering Mandala of Balance, using a word that represents an area you need balance in, OR if you need overall balance in your life use your own name. Fold the paper in half and open it back up. Write the word on the folded line, then close the paper back up and rub the areas the pencil was drawn until it begins to transfer to the other side. Open the paper up and re-enforce the mirrored image with your pencil until both sides are even mirrored images of each other, use the colors to further decorate your image.
Place the image facing you on the altar.
Draw or imagine a strait line from one end of your circle towards the altar where the picture is. OR of you are in a confined space take up the Tree yoga pose viewtopic.php?p=297701#p297701
Now recite the chant three times;
Get the balance right
Get the balance right
Be responsible, respectable
Stable but gullible
Concerned and caring
Help the helpless
But always remain
Ultimately selfish
Get the balance right
Get the balance right
Then walk the line or strike the pose and focus on the paper with your Mirrored Balance word. After a few moments or when you arrive at the altar pick up the picture fold it in half down the original fold then fold one third over from the right then one third from the left (covering the right fold) hold it to your heart for a moment then place the paper under the tarot card or other image of balance and direct you wand or blade at the image and say, "as is my will. so mote it be"
It is done.
Release your circle as you are accustomed.
Keep the folded mirrored word under the balance image until the next 1st or 3rd quarter moon depending where you started (basically 2 weeks) Then put it on your refrigerator or any other place you might see it often.

(you could also stack the stones after you have cast the circle as an exercise in balance within the sacred space)
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ok well that was put in the Bubbling Cauldron Repository. Thank you for you input NeverMoon. Sorry you had felt under the weather for so long this month, hope you're feeling better these days :fairy:

You folks still have all day tomorrow or the other in-between times that were mentioned to preform this balance spell.
:flyingwitch:

OCTOBER SPELL ASSEMBLY NOTICE

Now to move forward:
the next month is October
We have a month basically to stir up something just in time for Samhain!
So, PLEASE! don't be afraid :mrgreen: this works really well when we get ideas from all over. :flyingwitch:
Think of a topic in line with Samhain for our next spell...
...Muwahahahaha! goodnevil
Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

Last Samhain, I did a reading with a deck that specializes in connecting with ancestors. I know that's not a spell but how about something to connect with them since, traditionally speaking, the veil is thinnest during Samhain.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Anubisa »

An ancestor spell sounds like a great option.
Anubisa
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ooo, I like it! this sounds good like maybe an ancestor connection spell/working.
Would the out come be to get a message or just to connect? or for something else?
bb, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Anubisa »

I think a connection spell of some kind would be nice. I've never done one before. I honor my ancestors, especially at Samhain, but I have never done a connection spell.
Anubisa
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Do we want to be connecting to one specific ancestor? or to a maternal line or fraternal line, to them all or down one line in particular like the "Robinson" line? Or to them ALL in general.
This is something I personally have always had a bit of difficulty in. As I probably mentioned before, being adopted made me feel like I was only related to cabbages, if you get my drift. It has left a lingering shadow I continue to work with. Even after finding bio family it has been hard to feel a connection ancestrally to either side.

So, what would you like to call it? an enchantment, spell, working, charm, incantation?
What are some of the things that will pull this together?
Stones
time of day
Colors
Scents
Herbs
candles
Beverages
food
words
prayers
Other?
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

When I invited the ancestors for the reading, I left it wide open for whoever felt like joining. I felt some of them added some insight via the cards. The reading was for the Celtic year.

As for the spell, all I can think of is using a black candle. The time of day might be evening or anytime from Oct. 30 to Oct. 31. Another time might be on Oct. 20 as that's a full moon.

For the stone, I'm thinking of clear quartz.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Anubisa »

What are some of the things that will pull this together?
Stones - Clear Quartz (I agree with RavenClaw, but I love Clear Quartz with anything.)
time of day - Again I agree with RavenClaw, I think Evening is best for this. I like to celebrate with night since it is Samhain.
Colors - Black and Orange.
Scents - Unsure on that yet.
Herbs - Again unsure.
candles - Black candles. Is that what you mean?
Beverages - Looking into that.
food - Looking into that.
words - Not sure yet.
prayers - Not sure yet.
Other - Yearly Sabbat tarot spread.
Anubisa
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ok, that looks like we have a good start.
RavenClaw what is the name of the ancestor deck you were referring to? Might need to add it to the collection! Can we say then, that part of the ritual will contain a reading from the deck of your choice?
Also I was thinking on the herbal content, and that maybe a tea to consume that would assist in facilitating open channels to the otherworld, such as mugwort, lemongrass, jasmine...can you all think of others...oh ya, galangal, cinnamon, nutmeg. Be aware though when making tea with mugwort we will be needing honey, it's terribly bitter. SO think of some connection the honey might have magically.

Gah! had bunches of stuff written then the internet went down... :surprisedwitch:

guess I come back to those thoughts later.
Keep Stirring the brew folks!! What else?

bb, ff
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

The deck I used is Marseilles style and is called Alchemy 1977 England tarot. I think any tarot, or oracle, deck that speaks to you is fine to use.

Yes, I meant black candles though I'd only use one during a reading.

I can't think of anything to pull all of this together for a spell unless you invite your ancestors (whoever they may be). My brain keeps returning to a reading.

For colours, I agree with Anubisa. How about adding red in case someone needs, or wants, an alternate colour?

For a prayer, how about an offering to your ancestor(s)? In Irish tradition, some people set out an extra plate of food for them.
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Anubisa »

Red sounds good too. I have a few decks so doing a tarot spread is going to be something that I normally do anyway. Saying a prayer to the ancestors is a good idea as well.
Anubisa
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ooò, yes let's add an offering plate!
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Anubisa »

Sounds good! I am thinking apples would also be a good addition relating to food. Apples and pumpkin. Pomegranates are something that a lot of people use as well. However, I think apples would be nice to use.
Anubisa
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

I agree with apples.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”