Monday my making pagan supplies day.

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Nerys

Re: Monday my making pagan supplies day.

Post by Nerys »

Monday. Added more mandarin peels bits to the mandarin/cloves vinegar I made last monday and shake the bottle.

Hand sew a few cotton herbal sachets for when I have fresh dried herbs from my garden.

Started 6 herb cards from A5 mixed media paper, draw lines watercolor gold/green to line 6 square small cards, small painting of herb on side and the herb name also in paint did 4...a rose, mugwort, lavender, rosemary.

Cut very fine lemon peel and more mandarin peel and leave to dry spread out on paper. The copy paper if it absorbs enough scent from the peels that too gets used as citrus spell papers.

Some leftover red candle wax from Xmas warm it au bain marie, into empty tealight aluminium cups and whilst still warm press floral shape into these. Use a cut glass bud vase for this.
Finish the hem of my cape, it is hand sewn using quilt cotton thread, made from a bolt end of a cotton linen.

Found some bolt ends online which can be used both for my hobbies , crafts, but also useful for making supplies like herbal sachets, altar cloths, wall hangings, mini bags for divination decks, fabric bags, dream pillows etc.
I have quilt cottons floral prints in my stash, but wanted plain colors. Got some tiny fabric samples those go in my junk journals.

Painted the airdry clay things I made last monday, few mini dishes round and oval, candle holders for spell candles and for tapers, a medium size paint palette but that a corner broke of moving it, so not oval anymore.
Had pressed plantago narrow leaves into the airdry clay for a pattern and some ivy leaf. Paint is white acrylic and leaves in gold.

Start a new pagan journal today forgot to do it at start of the year.
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Anubisa »

Please post some of your work. I definitely would like to see your crafts. Everything sounds great!
Anubisa
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

A sampler of my diy pagan supplies.
Pagan goddess Flora doll, red hair DMC floss, poinsettia quilt cotton, embroidery face.
Into middle of picture airdry clay paint palette white gold, plates, gold egg. Painted walnut, nut removed glued and 2 layers acrylic gold paint have more colors of these.
Candle holders. White candle is doublesided tape silver glitter on it, base is spice bottle crepe paper white, wash of watercolor paints.
Small collage box from facecream jar roses from my garden potpourri.
Tiny bottle silver cap diy vanilla perfume using piece of bourbon vanilla pod.
10 ml dark bottle diy roses tincture and spices.
Little bags for herbs.
Upcycled peaches jar to house mini bags.
Tall jar with beadwork inside it dried lavender stems from my garden.
Beaded coffee bottle used for floral/herbal waters.
Small roses lavender chamomile mugwort dream pillow.
Willow wreaths in back of picture they sink. Pringles mini pot decoupaged contains end bits branches of my xmastree and the top part of stem not seen in picture was more to side is for use for crafts or a wand.
Tall bottle blue cap mandarin/cloves infused vinegar.
Large jar on its side mix of all sorts of leftovers resins added lots of dried peels grapefruit, orange, mineola, mandarin , lime, lemons to add lots of citrus solar energy. Some dried herb gardens very fine.
Attachments
diy pagan supplies
diy pagan supplies
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Next to egg on plate. Melt wax in upcycled candle jar has star anise and allspice, leftovers tealight wax white and tiny bit of green wax so is sage green.
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Anubisa »

Wow! Very beautiful! Definitely interesting and I can see how to make some crafts. Thanks for posting.
Anubisa
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Very nice Nerys, you have been busy. :fairy: I really like the embroidery Goddess.
bb, F
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Mixed an incense blend star anise, mandarin peel, lemon peel, rosemary and mini blooms dried narcissus. Add a small crystal. Bottle was missing the lid so covered it with fabric tied with ribbon. Painted small label.

Hand sew a few more fabric small sachets. A bit of hand sewing of the partlet...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partlet

Beadwork made 2 pagan prayer chaplets from leftovers czech glass beads from my stash.
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Very early start on tomorrow, inspired by a youtube video made no-bake cinnamon ornaments. Had a near empty fancy flour bag leftover from Xmas approx 1/3 cup added salt and cinnamon and some warm water formed into a dough. Rolling pin used a empty marker on small length of baking paper roll out the fragrant dough. With a milk bottle cap cut out rounds and other part roll out bit larger rounds. With a toothpick add holes to 5 of them to later add ribbon for hanging them up.
Put the 6 on piece of A5 cardboard and placed on central heating radiator to dry, video say is 36 hours drying time.
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Made a new blessings vinegar with lavender flowers, rosemary and angelika root harvested from my garden long ago.
Diy a few journaling cards. Try out some new to me jasmine greek orthodox incense thinking what else to use it in.
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Ginger oil diy small jar.
Hand sewing small doll, sister for doll goddess Flora.
Small herbal mix and then try do the folded baking paper.
Finally found youtube video how they used to fold pharmacy papers to package powders.
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Looking at a video for inspiration then looked in my kitchen and crafts stash see what can be used and so going to make it tomorrow, just need to find a jar/bottle.
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Made the lucky green rice. Used what I have.
Filtered my infused lavender water.
Upcycled a tall glass jam jar with flowers/herbs decoupage and going to search online candles of 4.5 cm to fit it.
Sorted my India incenses too many empties just kept to remind me to re-order, but now binned those, and is 4 left.
Sorted my candles these are at an all time low......I used to travel return with candles......but no travel since years, and used up the big stash.
Mixed a sample of herbs to try out.
From my diy FloridaWater fill a mini bottle to keep next to my pc.
Upcycled 3 perfume bottles that can fit herbs through the opening of bottle neck the square 4711 cologne travel size.
Hand sew 2 mini herbal bags.
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Thinking what to make...
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Have you made incense? Sounds like you have a garden full of potential herbs to maybe make smudging bundles or to add to some resins and oils. I personally like lavender, sage, and rosemary bundled together, and you can add rock rose, creosote, mugwort, rose petals or whatever. I have also sprinkled copal, frankincense, or dragons blood dust in the center of bundles for a little extra zip!
Also just mixing up loose incense to burn on coals is a creative outlet, made for holidays or specific spells.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Yes have made incense. I did not have all ingredients so made Not-So-Kyphi inspired by all the recipes at
https://ancientegyptonline.co.uk/kyphi/
Made cones incense once using five-spice-powder came out lopsided.
Have made small jars loose incense.
Found lots of recipes at https://incensemaking.com/

Made 2 thin smudge sticks using mugwort, marjoram, thyme inside, tied with red cotton thread..
Both lavender and rosemary plant died heatwaves past summer, but online shops
still have no stock, depend only on online shopping for all my things.

Resins recently order at one of those Lourdes in France online church supplies shops that ship to other EU countries, they sell small 10 gram bags resins and greek orthodox incense love the gardenia , so trying lots of new blends and things known to me like copal buy
bigger bag. From the dragons blood resin made small jar ink but it stay pale color.

Do not use charcoal, use small piece of fine wire metal mesh little distance over a burning tealight and sometimes resin inside the empty tealightcup on top of the fine wire metal mesh. No smoke just fragrance.

The Lourdes France shop also sells rosaries so inspired by that made some beaded pagan chaplets with leftovers czech glass beads from my hobby.

Diy today birch leaf cologne, shred leave by hand to 2/3 cup loosely packed, boiled cooled off water, 1.5 tbsp vodka
add to bottle, will shake few times daily, will wait weeks until scented then strain.

Jar infusion birch leaves fresh for my footbath for arthritis just pain cool water use tomorrow. Past weekend did lemon balm footbath.
Jar lid rusted so is cloth stiffened with water diluted white glue and ribbon tied around, to cover it.

Going to make a cup of fresh birch leaf tea, spring fresh leaf has a milder note. Rest of birch leaves drying them.

Found some nice free printables online so with diluted watercolor paints using greens some yellows to colorwash.
See https://thegraphicsfairy.com/diy-herb-apothecary-jars/
Attachments
20220425_113045.jpg

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”