Wicca and Christianity question.

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
rjmamula14

Wicca and Christianity question.

Post by rjmamula14 »

So there are the arguments that one could be both a Wiccan and a Christian. For those who take that position, I want to ask: what are your thoughts on the Christian doctrine that we are all sinners and Jesus died for our sins? And does Wicca have any parallels to that doctrine?
SapphireRoad

Re: Wicca and Christianity question.

Post by SapphireRoad »

Jesus is a Hebrew name that you get by putting flame letter in the middle of their God's name.
There are more Jesuses than HaMesIah
Jesus ben Sirach..

I don't know about the sin. I don't understand why people try to kill an exorcist.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think there are many people who have duo faiths, ie., in families where the parents don’t share each other’s religion, or even the same denomination within the same faith; and in international adoptions when children of one religion are joined to a family of a different belief system, or when people change practices for peace keeping reasons, or even when a conversion is forced by penalty of death & one goes through the motions socially but in secret never changed beliefs.

And folks of any religious path can do magic & not believe in Wiccan duo deities. They see them as personified natural forces and not Beings.

Tammuz, Inanna, Osiris, Oden, the Green Man are pagan examples I can think of Re: a Deity’s self-sacrifice. I think it’s a somewhat cross cultural belief although I’m unaware of Asian concepts. Aug Eve is the pagan harvest-sacrifice of John Barleycorn, which is centuries old and has themes of resurrection following sacrifice.
Eleanora

Post by Eleanora »

rjmamula14 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:27 pm So there are the arguments that one could be both a Wiccan and a Christian. For those who take that position, I want to ask: what are your thoughts on the Christian doctrine that we are all sinners and Jesus died for our sins? And does Wicca have any parallels to that doctrine?
You can be a Christian Witch but you can't be a Christian Wiccan without betraying your original faith.

Personally I don't believe in human sacrifice as much as the Christians do, nor do I see us as all sinners. First, in regards to Jesus, I believe he was an allegorical representation of the sun, "rising" in the east and passing through the twelve signs of the zodiac (twelve disciples) before setting in the west (dying) and rising again the next morning (the Resurrection).

...They ripped off Ancient Egyptology, essentially. (Look at all the similarities between Horus and Jesus; way too much to be a coincidence; ala, evidence of plagiarism). It's the same story that has been used to tell the story of the stars for eons. Lol, the Holy Bible LITERALLY means "Sun Book" from the latin "Helios Biblios". The cross, in pagan paths, often represents the beams of sunlight emanating from the Sun.

Read "The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold" for more information; very eye-opening. :)
Eleanora

Post by Eleanora »

Edit: A witch is anyone who practices magic. Christians can be witches. A Wiccan however is anyone who worships the Old Gods. A Christian cannot be a Wiccan without breaking the first of the Ten Commandments "Thou shall have no other gods before me." And you'd be hard-pressed to find a Christian even willing to practice witchcraft because of the whole "Thou shall never suffer a witch to live." thing. Christians are kind of a goofy people though, because technically they're using witchcraft whenever they pray or partake in sacrament. Seriously, their whole religion is based on the idea that KILLING a man was able to magickally remove their sins and grant them access to heaven. I dunno about you, but human sacrifice sounds like some dark black magick joo-joo to me.

...Or would it be magick jew-jew? XD (I know, I'm awful lmao)
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

You cannot be both, no. It isn't because Wicca is incompatible with Christianity, it's because Christianity forbids worship of other gods. Though that never stopped anyone in folk Christianity, but it is heavily Christianized and the church hates it.

"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" is a mistranslation of the KJV, the worst translation of the bible.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

The threads to this subject are many, and I will move this topic to the proper forum, You can browse the subjects there, viewforum.php?f=71
As far as Sin, we have no such correlation. Therefore nothing to be forgiven of. We see that Adam takes a terrible blow (fall, sin) from acting on a natural drive, what a way to control the people!
The phrase "an it harm none" is a similar idea to being a good person, (such as: do unto others as would be done unto yourself) while we realize that it is impossible to not tread upon this earth and cause harm along the way, so we do the best we can to be lightly impactful.
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think the cross-cultural principle is of Deity sacrificing itself as a holy act & followed by a resurrection/reanimation to be complete.

I think the principal of sin is a separation from the god-force within.

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”