No Politics Rule Has Been Added

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

No Politics Rule Has Been Added

Post by Starwitch »

Updated Post Title to Read "No Politics Rule" instead of "New Anti-Trump (etc) Rule..." because, as it turns out, the only active members we seem to have here are all into alt-Right conspiracies and stuff like that. No one spoke up on behalf of the Left (except me) and the one self-described "liberal, unaffiliated" moderator we had decided to deactivate her account instead of standing against Trump with me. So here we are.

I'll remove the #16 rule below and just add "no politics" to the rule that addresses discussion of black magick and such things.

We have a new forum rule regarding political discussions.
16. The owner of this site, like most American pagans, is a liberal Democrat. Any pro-Trump talk, alt-right propaganda, or right-wing conspiracy theories is offensive and will be removed. Any member who continues posting pro-Republican/alt-right/Right-wing talking points, rhetoric, lies, or propaganda will be asked to leave.
Pro-Democrat posts are fine, as long as you're not one of these super Bernie Bros who would rather see Trump win than have to vote for someone else. :roll:

NOTHING IS WORSE THAN FOUR MORE YEARS OF TRUMP. NOTHING!

SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: New Anti-Trump (etc) Rule Has Been Added

Post by SpiritTalker »

I strongly object to imposing thought police policies based on personal bias.

L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I agree, I do get why we don't want any black magic / downright evil stuff spoken about in here, or any abusive behavior etc. normal forum rules, but banning things based on political ideas isn't right thing to do in my opinion. Of course its none of my business to complain about forum rules, but I have to say something about this.

I'm not a right wing person, not a left wing person, not a political person in any kind of way. My only "political" ideology is that of personal freedom. None of what I have been posting on this forum has to do with Trump or any poticial theater what so ever. So is it now that anything that can be seen as "conspiratorial" is completely off limits? Because that can be almost any subject...

I just can't understand the reasoning for this kind of censorship on what can be discussed and what can not. If I'd be the one to decide, any subject should be ok to talk about as long as the discussion stays civil. There's not two people here who are the same, everyone has things which might be upsetting to them, but why can't discussion be tolerated? Honestly I don't want to upset anyone here, but having to think what I dare to say and what not doesn't make posting here very inviting. I strongly dislike a situation where I might need to censor myself, or be afraid of getting posts removed, or banned if I speak out about something.

I thought we here were an open minded comminuty who can talk about anything. :(
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.

Mr Crowley

Post by Mr Crowley »

Hex wrote
>>now that anything that can be seen as "conspiratorial" is
completely off limits? Because that can be almost any subject...<<

For instance: I see all gods/spirits/religions as conspiracy theories. Hex-Spirit-you would
disagree; still, that doesn't mean that we cannot exchange insights, and get along.

SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by SpiritTalker »

I may not disagree with that as much as you think, Mr C ;). I can imagine how it can appear and not be offended.

As currently written this new rule says that if you agree with the Dem party you may speak and if you disagree with The Party you may not speak. Does anyone feel like ordering Chinese delivery? 🇨🇳 Y,know, just sayin’.

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I would prefer to stay away from political talk of any kind. I can get more than enough of that on Facebook. I joined this forum for the pagan and other non mainstream beliefs content. I didn't join to have my mind assaulted by political nonsense.
Daughter of Sekhmet

SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by SpiritTalker »

Perhaps it might be possible to disallow all poli-speak equally? Or if tolerable, have a weird world news topic and confine such discussions there? Why do people have to be told what to think by what they’re permitted to write/read? That’s really my only concern, not this party or that party - that’s an individual’s choice, IMO. But I don’t expect that will fly. 🤐

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I'm a liberal unaffiliated voter. I prefer not to mix politics and religion/spirituality.
Daughter of Sekhmet

firebirdflys
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by firebirdflys »

SpiritTalker wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 2:26 pm
Perhaps it might be possible to disallow all poli-speak equally?
I would be on board with this, I am prone to bashing.

Such a weird conundrum...I never felt politics and religion mix yet it is our government that allows what we do. blue_blank

Time to get on our brooms and Ride,
leave the crazy world behind.
Focus on our goals ahead
Fearing not what we dread blue_flee

??

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Okay, fine. No politics. I can't even think of what to say to pagans who support the Right. It boggles my brain to the point that I don't even know how to address it, or what questions to ask. It sends my mind into a tailspin. Like... What? How? Why? :?

So yeah... no politics, I guess. That has to be the right solution. We've already lost Snowcat. She announced in the Moderator's Forum that she's leaving because we discussed politics. So we better stop all this before everyone else takes off too.

firebirdflys
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Re: No Politics Rule Has Been Added

Post by firebirdflys »

I just hope we can move forward.
as per Snow
I'm really hoping she'll sleep on it. I'm not deactivating her acct just yet.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I'm reminded of other sites which introduce similar measures and spark a freedom-of-speech debate. People have to be reminded that while they do have such rights, they don't extend to privately owned and run websites which have rules (such as forums).

If the site owner states 'any mention of penguins' is banned, that's the rule despite any members pro-penguin / anti-penguin bias. Much depends on what admins reaction is to rule breakers is and if members who don't agree decide vote with their feet. But penguins are insidious and will slip in under the radar regardless... Especially if they know they are not welcome.

Personally I have such few flattering things to say about any politics and political grandstanders it's quite easy to say nothing at all. Save the politics to political forums?

SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

If you observe shift of lunar nodes from Capricorn Cancer axis to Sag Gemini axis with south node in Sag global politics discussions will be on natural rise now. Optimism for global Sag and south node as abundant by natural flow, challenges in connecting with locals and small everyday communication - Gemini, north node.
יהשוה ᛒᛟᛏᚢᛇᛋᚠᚹᛝ
"toll the Silver iterance" Elizabeth B. Browning
"Perfect till the nightingales applauded." Robert Browning
אהיה אשר אהיה

Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

It seems like I missed a lot being gone for a bit. I am liberal and very anti-Trump. I would have definitely said something against the Altright.

I understand the decision to have no politics. Is it okay though to speak of historical gods involved in politics in a way that is neutral? (I.e. Inanna being associated with kings.) I also want to know if it is okay for equality things such as how Lilith is a feminist symbol or stuff about equality and the environment? I figured this would be agreed upon most of us since most of us are pro-nature.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi

L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

There was no "alt right" stuff there to begin with. At least not from me! My post on this thread in which I said this has been removed unless my memory totally fails me. But I want to emphasize it one more time that I am an apolitical person and could not give less of a poop about any alt right or pro T**** stuff.

I think the no politics rule is generally a good idea, but it allows making any subject into a political one if twisted enough. But I guess its a good idea to not speak about anything that can ruffle some feathers. Nothing sucks more than a forum drama for things that in the long run are insignificant.. Or which should be.

I wont say another word in this thread. I don't want people to get mad at me. :/
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.

Return to “EUTM Rules and Announcements”