Mixed Signals

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
GroundedDancer

Mixed Signals

Post by GroundedDancer »

Has anyone ever felt overwhelmed by imagery that could suggest a God/Goddess is calling to you? Or received mixed signals? I see symbolism everywhere, and I know when it is meant to be taken that way because it will give me a very strong feeling of urgency. More frequently, I get these symbolisms in dreams. Dreams are where I receive most of my insights and such.

When I was young, up until recently, I always saw imagery connected to Hecate both in dreams and in real life. I reached out to her recently and she has let up on the contact how that I've acknowledged her.

However, all of a sudden I have been getting very strong feelings about water, and have been seeing symbols that represent Saturn and Neptune in my dreams that are so vivid when I wake up. Is it possible that I'm receiving a barrage of input from other Gods? Is it normal to be contacted by so many? (I feel like it is a lot, since I've only ever worked with Hecate).
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Mixed Signals

Post by SpiritTalker »

Sometimes multiples are there for balance. If we get too one-sided we tilt out of orbit, so to speak.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Well it sounds awesome.
Hekate'd be connected with sea, underworld and sky as well. One of her astro definitions would be a blend of Saturn and Moon. You've got Neptune with the sea, Saturn with the dead and so on. I'd say looking at the Lunar Cycle she'd be in the last quarter and especially last three days of the Dark Moon by which I mean days 28,29, and 30, not the traditional Wicca that would count three days of the new cycle as well.

If you're interested to talk about Saturn and Neptune I'd consider it an exciting conversation.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
Garuda

Post by Garuda »

GroundedDancer wrote:Has anyone ever felt overwhelmed by imagery that could suggest a God/Goddess is calling to you?
I was lying in bed the night of the full moon in September of last year(!) when I got called to this path by Inanna. I've moved along the fringes of witchcraft for many years, so the revelation itself wasn't much of one... but I am still puzzling out why I "heard" her name in particular along with it. Gods and goddesses aren't really my jam-- if they're out there, they tolerate my skepticism well, seeing as how I've yet to be hit by lightning-- so that part is being a real poser; why would I receive such a specific, unanticipated name? It sounds like many who work alongside such deities tend to experience them as being a bit snarky (someone please check me on this), but Inanna's been nothing but quietly friendly with me.

Hope that helps a little, FWIW :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Loki is the only one who ever really got snarky with me. I wasn't listening for a long time. Everyone else has been very patient. Or maybe I just haven't heard them rolling their eyes at me.
Daughter of Sekhmet
GroundedDancer

Post by GroundedDancer »

SL wrote:Well it sounds awesome.
Hekate'd be connected with sea, underworld and sky as well. One of her astro definitions would be a blend of Saturn and Moon. You've got Neptune with the sea, Saturn with the dead and so on. I'd say looking at the Lunar Cycle she'd be in the last quarter and especially last three days of the Dark Moon by which I mean days 28,29, and 30, not the traditional Wicca that would count three days of the new cycle as well.

If you're interested to talk about Saturn and Neptune I'd consider it an exciting conversation.
That's interesting. I've never really heard of Hekate being connected with the seas. This is really intriguing, so I'll have to meditate on it soon. Thank you for the input!
GroundedDancer

Post by GroundedDancer »

SpiritTalker wrote:Sometimes multiples are there for balance. If we get too one-sided we tilt out of orbit, so to speak.

That makes sense, though now I'm wondering if this has to do with a major shift in my life occurring. Perhaps it is just new Gods/Goddesses wanting to be heard now that I've started a new chapter, or maybe it is like mentioned by another member on this post that Hekate has just begun to show herself in different forms.

There is quite a lot to think about and process.
barker

Post by barker »

The analogy of traffic lights works with any God. Yellow, is the signal to keep going... for now.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I really depends on what attributes you have associated with certain symbols.
Clearly Barker knows not of car accidents, because instead of slowing and preparing to stop, he is blasting through. :evilwitch:
there is lots of lore related to water and many Gods and Goddesses who are considered water deities.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

barker wrote:The analogy of traffic lights works with any God. Yellow, is the signal to keep going... for now.
Yeah. That's right up there with turning left at a red light. I guess it can be a learning experience.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

I also receive messages from divinities in dreams. Indeed, it happens that deities other than the ones honoured by him contact us. Indeed, in the Hékate analogy to a link to Saturn. Hékate is a triple goddess, with three very different facets so it's not surprising. Moreover she shows herself to her devotees no matter what their tradition or background is, in a different way and with a different facet for each person.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”