Christian Witchcraft

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
ravenwhite

Christian Witchcraft

Post by ravenwhite »

I am a christian, and I am a witch. I know both of these to be true. NOW WHAT? LOL Any advice?

Lady_Lilith

Re: Christian Witchcraft

Post by Lady_Lilith »

There's a lot of history to defend this practice.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi

SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by SpiritTalker »

Look into the parts of the Craft that interest you. Psalm magic is folk magic & there's a couple posts on it. Therapeutic Touch teaches how to channel beneficial energy & there are books & websites on it. Work with Nature's elements. Creating sacred space for prayer & practice is quite flexible so, if you haven't then design a personal altar. Having a home altar is common in many faiths. There's a post on simple circles where a variety of ways to do circles is discussed. And if you want help with spells just ask, OK. Every human being has a pineal gland which is like a resonating crystal imbedded in the brain & we're meant to use it. It's part of the school equipment. :wink:

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 25185.html

https://therapeutictouch.org/

I just looked at some of your earlier posts and see you have wrestled with these perceptions of duo-concepts for some time. Uh-Yeh. Balancing what seems like 2 opposites & blending them into One nature is what we humans do on a daily basis. One of your posts had mentioned sensing the Spirit of the Place, feeling the individual energy identity of a location. Empathic folk are energy receivers & will recognize energy signatures at 100 paces with the wind against them :? . My theory is crystal resonance within our bodies. I found personal validation by using dowsing rods & finding energy lines in my back yard & around my property. I used the rods to find underground pipes just before some scheduled construction was done & my finds were proven accurate. So take advantage of any opportunity you get.

This little ditty taught me to expand my concepts & views.
"You drew a circle that kept me out; heretic, rebel, a thing to flout
But love & I had the wit to win; we drew a circle that brought you in."

ravenwhite

Post by ravenwhite »

SpiritTalker, I have wrestled with this for a VERY long time. I have created an altar, and I am studying the elements. I see them as manifested energy, not as individual gods. I am very interested in folk magic, and I am trying to learn some simple spells and rituals to kind of get started. there is so much information. In addition to this I am still trying to reconcile casting spells, witchcraft and being a christian. I think I am pretty much there but I am very open to any informtion that would continue to support this

SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think my favorite spells are the easy ones that can be adapted to any situation because there's less to assimilate. There's nothing wrong with repetition of a spell-form because it strengthens with each repeat. That's just how our brains work. I posted "simple spells" in the "post a spell" section. After that it's imagining what everyday objects can be used for. I've used Psalms magic with good results too.

Something that helped me years and years ago was knowing thru prayers & meditations that God-the-Divine knows my heart & loves me; knows what my intentions are and loves me; knows what my short-comings & doubts are & loves me. I can't do anything to endanger that love as long as my soul still seeks God-the-Divine & doesn't reject that contact. Contact has so many, many forms - called faiths. IMO it's all One to the Divine. I belong to God-the-Divine at my soul level & S/He will never let me go. I have His promise. I can explore the Divine's creation in all it's many forms. Creation & Life is teaming everywhere on this planet & beyond. How can I not be in awe, worship & seek that Divine? Call It whatever Name you like, it is holy & it dwells with-in Life. And Divine Life loves unconditionally. End of sermon, but that's what I 100% believe.

In any path - we seek or we reject. Each choice is another shard shaved from the gem stone of the soul that's being shaped & polished to reflect the Divine. Again, that's my opinion & a work in progress, & sort of new-agey but nothing's really new.

What it's got to do with practicing witchcraft/magic is that we humans have (god-given), natural, built-in creative abilities. We can choose to use them wisely, I.e., to express the Divine that dwells within us. Our minds are the tools we Craft with. So far human-kind hasn't put a better title on the process than "magic". In some occult "mystery" paths magic is a Divine grace something like faith to a Christian. I think mystery is compatible with shamanic death/rebirth but that's getting into a whole other pathway of God-the-Divine & using the primitive mind.

My cats are demanding to be fed & I think I've rambled on & on, so I'll take it as a hint that I should shut up now.

Lady_Lilith

Post by Lady_Lilith »

A friend of mine wrote a Christian grimoire. It's based in powwow that is Pennsylvania Dutch Tradition. You may want to check it out it. It's cheap now: The Powwow Grimoire https://www.amazon.com/dp/1501096826/re ... 8Db81QH3GA
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi

SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oh! Hey, I've read that book.

ravenwhite wrote:SpiritTalker, I have wrestled with this for a VERY long time. I have created an altar, and I am studying the elements. I see them as manifested energy, not as individual gods. I am very interested in folk magic, and I am trying to learn some simple spells and rituals to kind of get started. there is so much information. In addition to this I am still trying to reconcile casting spells, witchcraft and being a christian. I think I am pretty much there but I am very open to any informtion that would continue to support this
My prior post covered some thoughts on magic, WC & faith-of-choice.

Studies - Take it deeper & make it personal.
. You've created an altar - good - can you journal & explain its meaning in your thoughts? I'm not saying you do but thinking something like "it just felt right" shows a beginning awareness of energies but not of function or symbolism. If you're interested then press on, & if not that's OK too.
. You're studying the elements of matter - good - fire=plasma, air=vapor, water=liquids, earth=solids & ether=un-manifest energy, just so we're talking the same language...4 are forms energy takes when manifest into a physical state, the 5th is un-manifest.
. No author I've read suggests that forms of physical matter are gods, so good that you don't see them as such. Most pagans wouldn't think of elements as gods. There are elemental-beings comprised of their own element &, if I'm not confused myself, they have limited intelligence but not will. It's been shown by a Japanese scientist named Masaru Emoto that water has memory https://duckduckgo.com/q=emoto+water+cr ... d&ia=about
. Included in the environmental ladder are land spirits who dwell in geographic locations & have intelligence & limited will. They're spirits - non-embodied beings - & are not what pagans refer to as gods either.
. Ref. WIkipedia Thesaurus --so how to define a god--
1. God - the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe
. the object of worship in monotheistic religions
. Supreme Being
2. God - any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force;
. deity, divinity, immortal
3. God - graven image that is worshipped as divine
... So on & so forth...

Spells & rituals
. There's a folk magic sub-section to tip toe through :).
. My earlier post mentioned some adaptable basic spells; if there's anything in particular, let us know & someone will have an idea or 2.
. Which rituals are you wanting? I can think of basic circle casting examples which are used at every holiday & a couple examples of solitary full moon rituals (see "getting started" post in Wicca & WC 101), and you'd have to google hand fasting (marriage), wickenning (naming) & requiem (memoral/funeral) because as a solitaire I've never used those.

I recall a comment made by Janet Farrar about the rituals in her books : "Oh I don't use those. I just write that for other people." :shock: That's when I stopped memorizing gawd-awful long addresses to the mighty & dread lords of the watchtowers & relaxed.

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”