Trying to Reach a Past Life: Overcome by fear

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Synapse

Trying to Reach a Past Life: Overcome by fear

Post by Synapse »

I have felt for quite some time that part of who I am is chronologically out of my reach. I'm more tied to an identity I no longer carry. I feel out of place in my life. So, despite my skepticism, I attempted to do a "past life regression" meditation. Mostly because youtube is free and I have lived with an unexplained and unignorable longing for something I've never understood. Its always felt as though I've been removed from my place of belonging.

My results were... Well, they were something alright:

I was sitting at a kitchen table in a shabby wooden house. I was distinctly aware of the remoteness of this dwelling, being somewhere deep in the woods. I was only around ten and wore some sort of light pink nightdress and slippers. I was acutely aware that I was not where I was meant to be, that I had left a faraway home. I had had no choice in our leaving and the journey had been hard on my family. We had gone via ship ( a Packet? that name really resonates with me), and it was a very cold and stormy trip. My father could tell how much I hated this new life and tensions were running thin. The longer I sat the more worried I became that my father would burst through the door and have a fit.

I was asked to return to the best memory I had, and I found myself in a place very different than before. It was a horse stable, there was a long and well-manicured lawn and what I think is an estate. We were standing on a gravel drive that leads right up to the back of the estate. It was a large white house which I can't shake a great deal of respect for. This scene felt bittersweet, like a goodbye I wasn't willing to give. There was an older girl there and she and I were tending to the horses. She had black hair and freckles, we seemed close. Neither of our family owned the house, but we knew its ins and out. In this memory, I no longer feel the longing for home, though I feel anxiety about leaving, so I assume this was the place I lost.

When asked to find the most significant relationship in my life, I was thrown into a panic. I tried to maintain the state I was in but could not. I was back in the small house in the woods, and I woke myself up.

Any advice for this? Is this from some sort of bad event I can't quite overcome? I want to learn more but I don't know how to navigate this roadblock. I don't know what to make of any of this, so any advice would be helpful.

TL:DR: I tried a regression and am overcome with fear when I stay too long. Any advice?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Trying to Reach a Past Life: Overcome by fear

Post by SnowCat »

Packet ships were common in the 18th and 19th centuries. They carried mail, cargo, and passengers. Does any particular region resonate with you?
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Woven together in reverse order as one story it seems like a memory of having been in a family employed on an estate where you'd felt secure & then relocating to a rustic area (immigrating due to forced events?). The sense of dispossessed loss would be quite astounding. It seems the scenarios enact& express the sense of feeling out-of-place.

Re: fears when meditating - Sometimes during such meditations the emotions seem like they're extra large or amplified. I think it's because every-day distractions act as filters that desensitize us to emotions so when we're relaxed the filters aren't up. Thus a nudge telling us "it's time to return" comes across like a fog-horn blast of anxiety. Normal perceptions can't be applied within meditation.

In past-life regression we're re-acting on 2 levels at once, the way-back-then and the now. Separating what the story character felt (who is we-ourself at another level) and what we-now-today feel about what they experienced needs sorting out.
Synapse

Post by Synapse »

SnowCat wrote:Packet ships were common in the 18th and 19th centuries. They carried mail, cargo, and passengers. Does any particular region resonate with you?
Maybe somewhere in the Uk? When I was 16 I got the opportunity to visit anywhere in the world, and I chose to visit the British Isles. I remember the distinct feeling of never wanting to leave, and I’ve been hanging onto any chance to go back. I could hardly describe the feeling of looking over those endless hills, I’ve practically sworn myself to seeing them again some day
Synapse

Post by Synapse »

SpiritTalker wrote:Woven together in reverse order as one story it seems like a memory of having been in a family employed on an estate where you'd felt secure & then relocating to a rustic area (immigrating due to forced events?). The sense of dispossessed loss would be quite astounding. It seems the scenarios enact& express the sense of feeling out-of-place...

That's also the idea that I got, or at least it's the only scenario I could come up with that made sense to me. It also feels very correct in a strange way. I'm not predisposed to believe in these sorts of things, but I have a hard time finding any rationality in any other narrative. It's not so outlandish that I'd rightly dismiss it

So, essentially, the issue is the lack of a rational filter in the case of meditation? I've never thought of it like that, mostly because I've never really meditated before, this was very much an experiment.

Would you say if I try again, and try to keep my head on my shoulders I may find better success? Is there any way of doing that or is a "try your best and see how it goes"?
barker

Post by barker »

An excellent hack for past life knowledge is "was it all a realisation of... [word]."
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Synapse wrote:
SpiritTalker wrote:Woven together in reverse order as one story it seems like a memory of having been in a family employed on an estate where you'd felt secure & then relocating to a rustic area (immigrating due to forced events?). The sense of dispossessed loss would be quite astounding. It seems the scenarios enact& express the sense of feeling out-of-place...

That's also the idea that I got, or at least it's the only scenario I could come up with that made sense to me. It also feels very correct in a strange way. I'm not predisposed to believe in these sorts of things, but I have a hard time finding any rationality in any other narrative. It's not so outlandish that I'd rightly dismiss it

So, essentially, the issue is the lack of a rational filter in the case of meditation? I've never thought of it like that, mostly because I've never really meditated before, this was very much an experiment.

Would you say if I try again, and try to keep my head on my shoulders I may find better success? Is there any way of doing that or is a "try your best and see how it goes"?
I'd say the only time to "try again & see what happens" would be if you hadnt gotten anything to work with; but that's not the case. You got a good sense of the root of the present-day issue. So - Honor the experience, respect the data & move forward from there. Trying the same again, asking the same Qs again, disrespects the integrity of what was received. It's like telling the subconscious you don't believe it; so why should the subconscious bother passing along impulses if you don't use what has been has sent? That would be self-defeating.

You don't have to take any experience as rock hewn truth - just use it as an indicator or direction to advance. If you continue to work with the same data then do it to fill in any missing gaps that remain, get the skivvy on the Q that made you panic if you want; you can use the same technique to see if/where it's playing out in the current life, & also how to resolve the resulting emotions that were shown as the root of the issues experienced in present-time. Y'know, that kind of thing.
stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

Your not alone I was over come by fear in my of my past lives.
I had one during the civil as woman with three children
running away from the war starving ..
My children died of fever.
It's easy seeing another life it's you are only viewer in an movie.
I write mine out it's best way.. I don't believe going a therapist ..
A psychic who does past lives reading yes..
I had done many times to verify what I felt and seen all my life..
barker

Post by barker »

Ultimately all questions worries fears are divine realisations. The reason for that: internal quandrys --> actual self expression. Uniquely...
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

stormofwind wrote: I don't believe going a therapist .
would you not seek help for a medical issue?
Sometimes a therapist can help uncover the garbage that plagues one. There is no shame in seeking help. Only courage and strength.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”