Here's a fun one

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Observantcat

Here's a fun one

Post by Observantcat »

This started in the last month.

I always turn off lights and electronics before leaving my house.

I was gone for several hours.

When I returned, the bedroom light was on. Which is almost impossible for it to turn on, because you can only use the remote, which doesnt work very well. It's actually very hard to turn anything on with it, and its the only way to turn things on.

It took me hours to turn it off.

I few days ago, I realized a light in a room, that is like a walking closet, but more of a room with a door, it wouldnt turn on. I thought, maybe the light was burnt out. (which is a new light bulb) I looked at it, and noticed a faint glow. I turned the switch off, and the glow dissapeared.

Now the light turns on and off by itself, when it feels like it. All of the time. When I turn it on, and it actually turns on, it'll cut off, then turn on, and repeats.

A few days ago, my ceiling fan turned on by itself. The controller was in a drawer, so no one had touched it.

2 nights ago, it did it again. with the remote in the drawer.

Now, I have the remote next to my bed.

I woke up this morning freezing, and the fan on high. When I went to sleep, It was off. I woke up, and it was on full speed.

Again, it's almost impossible to get the remote to work, and its the only way to turn the light, and fan on in my room.

The other room still turns off and on.

Honestly, I'm hoping its just an electrical issue.

Any ideas?
RavenClaw

Re: here's a fun one

Post by RavenClaw »

Hi

How about removing the batteries from the remote and see what happens? It could just be a simple matter of the remote's signal getting crossed by normal use. Remotes do wear down so buttons, etc can get wires stuck. I have an old tv remote where the down volume is hard to use so I end up pressing the button really hard and/or jiggling it. For some reason, the button doesn't touch the wire like it used to. Could be the same type of idea with your remote.

If the lights, etc still act up then I'd consider the wiring especially if you're in an old house.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

*RavenClaw*

Thank you for your response. We know the wiring is messed up on the second floor, I'm up on the third floor. I think there might be water damage causing the issues.

As for the remote, I never thought of removing the battery. Thank you, I'll try that today.
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

You're welcome. I'm curious to know if removing the battery worked or not.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

*RavenClaw*

I'll let you know if it works. ( Try to)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Here's a fun one

Post by Firebird »

electronics, the joy and bane of our lives. :|
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

*firebirdflys*

My heater turned on the other day. no remote, nothing that would cause it to turn on. just plugged in. lol
Zeta_Star

Post by Zeta_Star »

It honestly just sounds like electrical wiring/remote problems. I too have had strange experiences but the first thing we have to do is find a logical explanation for things rather than quickly assuming it's paranormal. In my case most things could be explained once we investigated a bit more. I'm sure you're house isn't haunted. :)
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

Zeta_Star

I'm pretty sure it's electrical. Moving soon, hopefully, that will solve the problem.
barker

Post by barker »

Observantcat wrote:My heater turned on the other day. no remote, nothing that would cause it to turn on. just plugged in. lol
My computer turned on by itself one evening last decade - scared the holy dice out of me - so, technology is indistinguishable from any form of magic... they say.
TamaNyan

Post by TamaNyan »

My tv turning itself on randomly is a more or less normal occasion for me. I would chalk it up to spirits but as mentioned above, electronics are finicky and I've had my tv for about ten years or so. As electronics become more advanced, anything can be magick haha!
One persons dark is anothers light. One persons light is anothers dark.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

TamaNyan wrote:My tv turning itself on randomly is a more or less normal occasion for me.
this could actually be someone in the adjacent area with a remote control on the same frequency, at least that's what ended up happening to ours once.
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

It happened with my electric garage door that's on remote.
Spirits wouldn't turn the tv set off - they'd change the "channel" ... An old mediumship joke :)

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”