Empathy?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
LC

Empathy?

Post by LC »

I hope this is the right place to post.

I was speaking to someone about witchcraft in our area. She began talking about being an empath and how she discovered witchcraft. Near the end of us talking she looked at me with some concern and told me to look into empathy. It was not discussed except for her saying she was.

I have always noticed how people feel or think by body language and voice tone and etc. It sometimes gets to the point that I will get anxious or leave the room in fear of what their face may say. Is this a type of empathy?

Thanks!
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Empathy?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yup. Body language or tone of voice is part of reading people's emotions; empathy comes in when you "feel" their emotions yourself.
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

(personal opinions only)

Having empathy or being empathic / or being an empath?

People will tell you a lot of positive stuff about Empaths. Here's a warning on some of the bad. The functional vs the disfunctional empath.

Being an empath can feel like being invaded - it is the proverbial two edged sword - with good awareness (this is mine / this is yours), good bounderies (I will let this in / I will push this out) and a receptive nature it can be beneficial and life affirming. With poor awareness, poor bounderies and a reactive nature (how would you react to being subconsciously invaded?) it can be maladaptive.

Frankly - even in a balanced empath - it's often both good and bad at different times dependant on the empaths current state of wellbeing. No-one is 'on their game' all the time and foolishly trying to be is setting yourself up for a fall because it is fatiquing to the core.

The alternative?

People who accept it too much or shut it down too strongly both risk ending up broken in different ways.

So if you have a tenancy to be a people-pleaser, 'moody' or a loner these may all be indicators of empath tendencies.

-----

The very best thing about being an empath once you have come to terms with it and become receptive of it (done all your boundery work and developed your awareness), you begin to recognise who genuinely cares about you, loves you and reciprocating this has a lovely 'feedback' loop and engenders a rare closeness which can be transformative.
barker

Post by barker »

Empathy for me is definately about making sense to one other. Comfortable situations are not possible at first. It takes learning from/teaching each other and no real misgivings. Uncomfortable situations, therefore, are not learning and they're not going to.

Empathy can be used to allay this curse. It is about the mind of them - do they value anything? Yes, they value their sex life, and might not know it. So I just keep on telling them secretly "yes, sexy thinking is worthy thinking" and before you know it they're learning on their own. I suppose it's a spiritual blessing that way - if people wouldn't learn, people wouldn't thrive.

I learned this from my self.
stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

Yes it is battle for some like me..
There are days when I can get ahold of it others not. crystals do help.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”