Depression healing a loved one

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Astro Logical 1

Depression healing a loved one

Post by Astro Logical 1 »

I'm curious about healing work for a loved one battling depression. I want to tread very carefully and not inadvertently cause problems.

Does anyone have experience with what NOT to do?
Love and Blessings
barker

Re: Depression healing a loved one

Post by barker »

Intelligence is the presumption of intelligence... Depression is that thought understood. You could empathise or adventure with them, or, you could just smile.
barker

Post by barker »

barker wrote:Intelligence is the presumption of intelligence... Depression is that thought understood. You could empathise or adventure with them, or, you could just smile.
edit: ie you just don't have to call them dum
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

There's so many different kinds of depression (trauma, stress & chemical to list a few) & the appropriate diagnosis needs to be done to figure out treatment. More energy isn't a fix-it.

The form I'm familiar with is labeled clinical depression. It's electro-chemical. The example my MD gave me was that there are 3 brain chemicals in action when the synapses fire, transmit & receive. With the right med the brain fixes itself. If any of them aren't up to par then thinking is muddled & problematic because the juice isn't flowing & there's an equipment failure.

In my experience when the works are clogged i also get anxiety from fear. I have to back away & deal with the fear before i can deal with the clog, so i need space & time to find the brain's route around the blocked circuit. It's slow going.

The things I appreciate from people is patience & it helps when someone's willing to repeat the same thing 2-3 times without :roll: . Don't try to "fix" someone's depression - it adds anxiety from failure to respond to good intentions. Acceptance (this is how it is for now) & reassurance (it's temporary) are welcome. And don't be afraid to say stop the pity party if you see your friend is self-absorbed. It helps break the cycle.

Best wishes to you both.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”