Autism Anyone?

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
Sollomyn

Autism Anyone?

Post by Sollomyn »

Hi; I was just curious to find out how many others here are autistic. I'm a 42 out of 50 on the AQ scale. It was a lot worse as a kid though; I had to be institutionalized for years. I've gotten a lot better at pretending to be normal though even though everything's still too bright and loud, I'm still a bit of a clutz at times; a lot of my mental energy is pretty much spent making sure I don't fall over when I'm walking somewhere haha. Gotten better at speaking verbally, but I just prefer not to unless it's necessary, then I just focus all my energy on trying to not sound like a zombie from the Walking Dead. :D
barker

Re: Autism Anyone?

Post by barker »

Autistic people are truly unique - my theory is that every health problem has 50%/50% chance of evolution vs de-evolution. I have come so far with my schizophrenia diagnosis that I am telepathic in extreme ways. I am never bored, something that I would never have accepted in my life. stay hip, barker
Sollomyn

Post by Sollomyn »

Thanks; I kinda see it as a double-edged sword too. Often wonder if being autistic is the reason I'm kind of psychic; usually just intuition, occasionally a premonition; only saw a ghost once as far as I know, but at the time I didn't know they were a ghost; only found out when I got back home and told mom it was nice bumping into Grandma Wanda; turned out she'd died years prior while I was in the loony bin. Thinking back on that day still kinda creeps me out. She didn't look like a ghost at all; or at least how they're portrayed in the movies. She looked just as real as you or me. Occasionally second guess myself now; can't really be sure who I interact with in my day to day life that might be dead and neither one of us knows it yet. Already have enough issues with people wondering if I might be schizophrenic because I can hear things other people can't; not that they aren't really there, they're just really far away. Did I mention super-hearing sucks in real life? It's kinda like being in a high-school cafeteria, but all the time 24/7. Hence, I'm kinda anti-social and irritated a lot. Looking forward to running off into the woods next summer to live with the animals! LOL
Sollomyn

Post by Sollomyn »

Kinda creeps me out to sometimes wonder what if EVERYONE in my life is dead, and I'm really just all alone on the planet, talking to a civilization that isn't actually there anymore...or what if I'M dead, and everyone else has the power to see ghosts??? Trippy lol. Fortunately I realize how highly unlikely either of those scenarios are and set that fear aside haha.
barker

Post by barker »

I have beheld that belief as well. I say it is valid, that you can "wake up" and realise yourself to be the only one there. Natural beauty is enough for me to stay happy, anyway.
Sollomyn

Post by Sollomyn »

Nice; which belief is that? :)
barker

Post by barker »

Basically, there is no-one else there.

The more people realise this, the better, I say. :)
Sollomyn

Post by Sollomyn »

No one else where? Like in reality? Sorry; I might not be following things correctly lol.
barker

Post by barker »

Well, for me it was about figuring at some point that the others did not express a spontaneous fear in circumstances such as social as well as spiritual. No fear would indicate to me that the person is strictly speaking, not alive, rather they have fallen unconscious (dead) and are on autopilot.

It changed my life to realise that the people who were burdening me might not even be alive! There was spirituality to be found in that - making things happen for myself. barker
Sollomyn

Post by Sollomyn »

Ohhh; I think I see what you mean now....I think lol; (I'm a little slow, bear with me haha). You mean to say that it seems most people these days are so caught up in the hustle and bustle of day to day life, that they never stop to smell the roses so to speak; going through all the motions, day in, day out; present but not really there; the-lights-are-on-but-nobody's-home kinda sorta thing?

TOTALLY understand that feeling too haha, but I was actually meaning it in the LITERAL sense; I've seen dead people as in ghosts/spirits, but they look so real and life-like to me that it's extremely difficult if not impossible for me to tell the difference between a ghost and a flesh and blood human being lol. Maybe should've clarified that haha. I fear mistaking a ghost for an actual person whilst in public, because I'd look bonkers, seemingly talking to empty space lol. Although in this day and age of hands-free blu-tooth headsets, about half the people are walking around seemingly talking to nobody, so I probably don't have much to fear; I'm just kinda super self-conscious about not looking crazy or retarded around other people. :?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Sollomyn wrote:Thanks; I kinda see it as a double-edged sword too. Often wonder if being autistic is the reason I'm kind of psychic; usually just intuition, occasionally a premonition; only saw a ghost once as far as I know, but at the time I didn't know they were a ghost; only found out when I got back home and told mom it was nice bumping into Grandma Wanda; turned out she'd died years prior while I was in the loony bin. Thinking back on that day still kinda creeps me out. She didn't look like a ghost at all; or at least how they're portrayed in the movies. She looked just as real as you or me. ...! LOL
I have also experienced meeting & chatting with a person who i didn't know was a ghost, back when i was in a contemplative convent. i saw her every single day at morning Mass so hadn't even suspected until she'd disappeared in front of me; but I'd noticed that her habit was never wrinkled - ever. That shoulda' been a tip off. It was a bit of a surprise :shock: uh-huh

I've held jobs where being psych-tested was a hiring requirement & i was psych-tested before entering the convent. The tests indicated I'm normal & well adjusted. Scary thought. Perhaps there's something about the regularity &' intensity of institutional & contemplative life styles since we both had our solid-ghost experiences in similarly "secluded" settings. I've seen a fair few ghosts & they never looked like the movie creep shows - just average looking folk & a little transparent with a tendency to bypass doorways.
Sollomyn

Post by Sollomyn »

Nice! It was pretty jarring for me when I found out. Took a long time for me to wrap my head around it haha.

I had a UFO encounter once too; a whole fleet of them fighting each other in the skies above my house. For some reason though that wasn't as jarring or surprising for me; aliens have always been sort of an inevitability in my mind; considering all the trillions of stars and planets and galaxies, it just seems kinda silly for one to "believe" (haha, there's that word again) that we humans are the only intelligent lifeforms in all the universe lol.

Although they might not have been aliens, to be fair; I spent a long time looking into similiar sightings and found the type of sighting I experienced was fairly common, before bumping into a military member who worked on some secret projects for the air force, who then read my eyewitness account and reported back that it sounded like I was describing one of his training exercises; even the other guys on the base who know what's going on had to admit it looked like a star wars battle going on in low orbit haha. It was probably the military, but it's really hard to be sure; I've never seen any kind of aircraft perform the type of manuevers they were doing; one little dot was chasing another little dot; figured it was just a couple sattelites that were a bit close to each other, but they started changing speeds; that was a little weird. Then the one in front turned sharply at a 90 degree angle. That was probably when I concluded that they weren't satellites. After they played cat and mouse a bit more, a super bright star popped up out of nowhere. My eyes were bugging out of my head at this point, just as hundreds of other little dots came shooting out of the super bright star from all directions, quickly descending upon the two craft that were chasing each other, there was a frenzy and some flashes of light, then they all seemed to get further and further away until they all disappeared and that was the end of it.

That was probably one of the most awesome things I've ever seen haha.
barker

Post by barker »

I believe that UFOs are thoughts generated by people (always loners) that have much human power. Just like how people in wheelchairs think massive amounts of love into life here, loners are in control of the UFOs and their surveillances. It is necessary. And people who don't think wrong of the others do have that much power.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm of the opinion that visitors have always been here.
Sollomyn

Post by Sollomyn »

@SpiritTalker: Same here; there's literally cave paintings of spaceships and aliens lol.

Return to “Mental Health”