Working in water/finding one's element

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
moonlass

Working in water/finding one's element

Post by moonlass »

This evening I decided to take advantage of my overly large tub to do some work. Lit some candles, entered a meditative state, the usual. I'm quite gifted at looking into people and approaching their souls (I can do a lot of healing this way), but usually its easiest when I'm near them. I'm less accurate from afar and it's much much harder.

Anyway, I found that when I looked into a friend on the other side of the country while sitting in water I could See him more easily and didn't have to work as hard. Everything was so much more clear and I could connect with him not just with the finger I usually reach out with but my whole being. Also I was finally able to see my own whole being and true natural self and learn about my past lives.

Is this something that's normal to have happen in water? Or is this an indication that water may be my main element? Anyone else have similar experiences?

Blessings,
Moonlass

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Working in water/finding one's element

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hmm, well I know flowing water enhances psychic senses. Psychism is effected by the moon, & the moon impacts ocean tides, etc.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Like spiritalker said water can enhance these abilities, I feel like it makes it easier to traverse the world since most of it is water and water is practically all around us at all times, making it so are travelling is like a fish in a stream but moving from one source to another like tap water, air moisture, rivers and seas ect. I wouldn't say that this one experience means your definitive element is water more that you've found a use for that element like you may find a use for fire for raising energy and spells or earth for connecting with spirits of this world. I found my element partly from looking up my astrological assigned elements, fire and earth, as well as just how things have played out along my path and my personal temperament. I find air very hard to work with and water to just be useful for cleansing atm
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

What do you mean by water being your "main element"? Or "definitive element" as Ashrend used it. I understand the attributes of elements within our personalities as related to the astrological sign were born under. All natural elements are equally available to us and if we are well balanced within ourselves then all are of equal value and benefit. Is "what's your element?" like asking "what's your sign?" or is there something else implied? I'm mid-Wicca-school 1990's era so don't "get" it. I'm not criticizing. I'm just askin' b'cuz I don't get it. Thanks.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

I think it just means what works best with them, yes we can access all the elements non of them are restricted to us but there are certain ones that feel more natural to us, easier to use and there end up being called their main element
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Ok,that was easy :). In my pointed little head I'd think of it as a working element-of-choice. Ex: I like, adore and dote on rocks. I'm an earth-sign Virgo so it depicts my personality as well as preferences of physical senses& is my go-to choice for spell work. I dont even have to think about it. And in correlation it's opposite of air is the last thing I'd readily choose to use, I.e., incense makes me sneeze, & I have to convince myself I really need to light that stick.

Soo, if one's preferred working element is water, would it be expected that the least preferred choice would be fire, water's opposite energy? And then, extending that a bit, could we use this sense of preference to improve the balance within our energy body by applying counter-weights? Did that make sense, heh heh? That would make it useful to observe what changes in our daily preferences are saying about our energy status on any given day & suggest what we need to do to maintain balance. That's how I'd think of it anyhow.

But back to the original post inquiry that included identify the "working" element in the first place. Ashrend makes a good point that a one-time experience is helpful but doesn't seal it. Id think we could look at our preferences in mundane life for other indications too: do you naturally seek out beach or river-side spaces? & notice which methods you drift towards for your spell work: such as you might choose a bowl of water for scrying over other options available. You might prefer liquid potion making to grinding sprinkling powders. Maybe like my example with rocks vs incense as showing earth is preferred & air is tolerated, maybe you find water-methods preferred and fire-methods tolerated. These added indications would give more support to naming water It.
I'm just thinking it through is all. Not quoting from any source.
moonlass

Post by moonlass »

Thanks for your input. I didn't know that water enhanced psychic abilities.

I'll have to think more on the elements. I've always seen the energy and magic inside of me as a blue or copper flame. I always joke that I'm solar powered since I am always super happy and energetic when its sunny and as soon as it starts to rain I get grumpy and fall asleep for several hours. That's why I've always thought I worked well with fire.

I am a Cancer though based on the ancient Babylonian system (my birthday is actually next week) so that's technically a water sign. Despite being a good swimmer one of my biggest fears is drowning. I think I feel more comfortable around water when I can feel it balance with fire (I had candles lit the other night too). Same with air and earth. I love how carefree and light the wind is but it couldn't be that way without the earth holding so solidly below.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

It sounds like you've got a good balance between the elements as it is, unless you feel a need to find the "one" you work with I'd just keep doing what your doing
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Agh! you see your magical energy as an inner flame? hello? Large clue in front of nose. :mrgreen: your magic is greatly made up of who you are.
barker

Post by barker »

Meditating on flame, you can ask it questions and it will dance accordingly to how it feels. A change in the wind can mean sudden change, or a change of mind can do that. Watering the garden you can learn sanity. All sorts of ways the elements are as psychic as you.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”