Wort Removal

Potions go here. Keep it nice please. No poisons.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Wort Removal

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well, hush my mouth, I think ive just cured a wort with a crushed aspirin & apple cider vinegar! I dampened an ordinary bandaid's pad with the vinegar so the crushed aspirin would stick to the pad. Then placed the aspirin powder on the pad against the wort and taped it down over night.

I've just removed the bandaid and the wort is completely dried out like an old volcanoes blown crater but I'm repeating the aspirin & vinegar one more day to be sure.
:evilwitch:
EveningWithAstaroth

Re: Wort Removal

Post by EveningWithAstaroth »

Very interesting.

May I ask what gave you the idea to try this?

Please let us know the outcome if you can!

Interested in hearing if this works, and wishing you luck.

Blessings.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

What gave me the idea was that little voice (LV). I'd thought what I had was a bug bite gone bad so had used aloe gel with no results. i aslo tried frankincense oil which is used for treating wounds but with no results. I've never had a wort before so didn't know what they looked like. LV said it was a wort and gave the treatment. I tried it. Then, just to be sure, I looked up worts on the internet to be sure thats what it was & saw a product called Compound W that the 'net recommended. I saw it's ingredients include acetylsalicylic acid ... Aka aspirin. LV had the right idea. I know vinegar disinfects so am guessing that combined with the aspirin powder it makes a drawing salve.

Day 2 of aspirin & vinegar bandaid: wort crater pit closed over & is reduced in size by more than 1/2 but not quite gone yet. Going to repeat.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Day 3: Nothing left of it above the skin but a rough circle of skin. :D

I found an easy way to fix the pad too. Lay the bandaid open, pad side up. Fold the paper sticky protectors back to expose the pad. Put a couple drops of cider vinegar on the pad, and lay an aspirin on top. Add a few more drops of vinegar on top of the aspirin, then crush the aspirin with a spoon, right on bandaid. The vinegar softens the aspirin and keeps the slippery rascal from shooting across the counter like a missile when applying the spoon.

I also tried using 2 spoons nested together to crush the aspirin and adding vinegar to make a paste.then pour 1/2 the paste on the pad & 1/2 on the wort. Then snugly tape down. This was messier but seemed to work well.

Edit: in total it needed 7 days of applications to completely clear the under-the-skin too.

May 28, 2019 edit: absolutely no trace or any return
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

This is good to know!

Having 4 kids this is bound to come in handy one day. Much better than the alternative (I've had one frozen off years ago, boy did that hurt).

:D
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Interesting and hope all resolves well. Having worked as a PA with a Dermatology surgical center warts can be unpredictable like a nevus and should be watched closely. If larger then a pencil eraser, raised rolled edges, multi colored and irregular shape let a Dermatologist see it.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)

Return to “Potions”