May Flowers!

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

May Flowers!

Post by Firebird »

My wonderus coven sister said, "Come over!, Cut roses, the garden is lush and full !" So I did, :D and managed to make myself a fantastic old fashioned rose arrangement. There myst be 2 1/2 dozen or more, yet there is only one of each kind, well maybe 3 of certain kinds I cut a couple of, (the lavender smells the best) The fragrance is amazing ! and we talked about how the energy and essence of roses rises up the vibrations of a place. I'll say, today this place is smokin'!
Has anyone heard the story about the new vase? It reminded me of that, it has spurred major spring cleaning!
Blessed boquet to you all!
]
Wow, smells so good
Wow, smells so good
Attachments
Different angle
Different angle
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
GhostRider
Banned Member

Re: May Flowers!

Post by GhostRider »

Nostradamas used ground rose petal in the pills he made to keep the Black Death away, among other ingredients.
Remember - if April showers bring May flowers then May Flowers bring Pilgrims.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I love roses. I was born in the middle of the Rose valley in Bulgaria, which is said to produce half of the world's rose oil. In my home town there are roses literally everywhere - they grow in gardens, on the sidewalk gardens, in yards and in parks, well, you get the picture. There is a fantastic rose festival in May and then the whole town smells like roses all the time, as choppers are flying and people drop rose petals from them. The roses that give the oil (I'm sorry, I don't know the right term) are not this pretty, but their smell is amazing and a lot stronger. :)
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Beautiful Rose arrangements. Was once a Rosicrucian student and they had a lush Rose garden in San Jose. Roses were considered emblematic of the unfolding evolution of the human spirit. My cats love to munch on my roses. Remember to honor the Witch habit of asking permission and thanking the Rose bushes for harvesting their gift.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

@ YanaKhan, Oh yes Bulgarian roses! you lucky dog you :D It must smell fantastic around there.
The best rose otto oil comes from there. Is it any less expensive being right where it's grown ?

@ Shekinah, thanks :mrgreen: it's just one arrangement, I love to arrange flowers (except on valentine day :annoyed: ) and Yea, indeed I did thank the Faye and keepers and the plants themselves. They are somewhat sad. their caregiver is moving.
I put in an update, the roses are opening and opening!! (see below)

@ Ghost, It makes a perfect magical barrier. Not only do they emit a fragrance that is uplifting to the heart, they make a grand border of thorny bliss to detour the unwanted.

Fat and sassy
Fat and sassy
Specialty rose
Specialty rose
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”