Do My Cats Know?

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
casnarl

Re: Do My Cats Know?

Post by casnarl »

Hmm. I think my two are probably just being curious and like being around me. And I definitelt enjoy their company. I don't know what I'd do without them.
Crazy Cat Lady

Re: Do My Cats Know?

Post by Crazy Cat Lady »

I've sometimes wondered if the idea of "familiars" came from the very different relationship they probably often had with animals in general. I've had people, not knowing our beliefs, joke about our critters being familiars. Well, they were half joking, somewhat in awe, and a little bit scared, lol. A huge part of Magick is 'tuning in' to our environment, including animals. People sometimes freak out a little when they see us, say, casually ask (from across the room) a cat to please make room on the couch for a guest...and the cat gets up and moves over. We just have a really good relationship with our kitties, we give them love and respect, they return it. We pay attention to their cues and respond quickly. they do the same. The cat that scooted over looked at me because I said her name, recognized my gesture as wanting her to move, and *did* because she wanted to, because she likes to please me. The same way I recognize a particular subtle expression of annoyance means her ear itches and automatically reach over to scrub it for her. It's not magick, but it is a result of the mindset of magick. ;)

Return to “Animals and Pets”