Cats & Their Abilities To Ward Off Negative Spirits

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Throughalloftime

Cats & Their Abilities To Ward Off Negative Spirits

Post by Throughalloftime »

Do cats have the power to get rid of all negative energy within a household, including all of its tenants, or just negative energy that comes from spirits?
a.e.d.
Mikayla11

Re: Cats & Their Abilities To Ward Off Negative Spirits

Post by Mikayla11 »

I think you may need more to ward off negativity on that sort of scale, but cats (most cats, all things are different and individual in my experience) can sense different types of energies, and they are a symbol of protection. Maybe try a sage smudge and go around your apartment with it to bless your space.
Last edited by YanaKhan on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please remove your Tapatalk signature. Thank you!
Throughalloftime

So by not being able to help on that scale, you mean not able to get rid of that amount of negative energy or not able to get rid of something other than negative energy coming from spirits? Or do they need assistance in both?
a.e.d.
Mikayla11

Post by Mikayla11 »

A cat will not be able to ward off all negative energy and spirits around your whole apartment complex. Your cat may be able to sense what's going on, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be able to protect you from everything, although having a feline around may deter the energy from focusing around you.
Mikayla11

Post by Mikayla11 »

Mikayla11 wrote:A cat will not be able to ward off all negative energy and spirits around your whole apartment complex. Your cat may be able to sense what's going on, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be able to protect you from everything, although having a feline around may deter the energy from focusing around you.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Where your cat does not go is where you might wish to smudge with Sage. Cats avoid dark and discordant energies.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've never noticed my cats dispersing bad energy. They have chased the odd orb, being the playful Hunters they are. If anything frights them, they disappear into the woodwork faster than dust forms on a polished table.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

If you need to cleanse - THEN CLEANSE. No half{insert body part of choice}ed attempts at it. Do it and do it RIGHT or leave it alone. I've been called in to fix screw ups that should have been all or leave it alone. I don't usually state things so strongly. The area I live in has houses starting from the mid1600's. It was a native American highway and dwelling area for thousands of years before that. If it needs it - Cleanse IT. If not - leave IT the .... alone.
Throughalloftime

Does cleansing it with those herbs for a few hours count? And is having cats in the household equivalent to cleansing?
a.e.d.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

No to both.

What herbs? What intent?

Cats do not clear spirits.

Where are you getting the "cats clear energy" concept from? Would you clarify that? If not, I'm done.
Throughalloftime

I've heard it a lot online and from a few people online that I've asked. That's why I was
so confused cause a lot of people were saying.
a.e.d.
Throughalloftime

SpiritTalker- I could of sworn you replied to a lot of my threads but then the replies dissapeared?
a.e.d.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I removed the explanation on smudging since rambling off topic seems to contribute to confusion.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Though it's sometimes said that I'm in a perpetual state of confusion, this I AM NOT confused about. PLEASE! Forget about your cat's as anything but the cute, furry little beings who let you live in their house because you feed and care for them so well. They are lovely companions who will give you all their love unconditionally, always. They are NOT going to keep anything but mice out of your house. If you think you need it I can walk you through a simple clearing of all residual energies if you have a new place your just into in the last year. If you are having "Trouble" of some kind your going to have to prove to me you really need to cleanse, of the premises or of yourselves. It is nothing to play with. You are opening a "Passage" between different states of being. Things can enter when a door opens if you don't open it properly. I've cleaned up other peoples mistakes. It can be a red hot itch! I had one that took me 30 some hours and if I didn't have the AmerInd background at the end I wouldn't have been able to seal it up because it opened an Indian doorway. There where lots of things that didn't want to go back, I wasn't just shoving them out the door. The world doesn't need more problems. And then if I hadn't had the background it wouldn't have mattered. I would have left an open door. I'm sorry I take this so seriously and personally. You've never had to deal with something, you would say from a Craft point of view, was from He!!. Trust me on this -YOU DON'T WANT TO.
Throughalloftime

It's dangerous to cleanse? I'm confused
a.e.d.

Return to “Animals and Pets”