Free Witch Bottle Course

Share and discuss pagan music, TV shows, movies, and websites. You may offer your occult/witchcraft-related services here.
Glowfish

Free Witch Bottle Course

Post by Glowfish »

This site is offering a free Witch Bottle Course. I only just signed up for so not sure how good/accurate it is but since I'm new to Wicca I'm pretty much reading/watching whatever I can as I go. I'm curious to know what the more experienced members here think of the course and is it worth my time. Blessings all :)

http://siobhanjohnson.teachable.com/courses/
nightshroud

Re: Free Witch Bottle Course

Post by nightshroud »

whats a witch bottle? never heard of it
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Nightshroud, I'm sure you've heard of it without realizing it. A witch bottle is a spell bottle. It is a mideivil era folk magic charm, usually protective and tucked into or beneath hearths. The best ones used ceramic jugs with a face on them called Belarmine jars. The face represent the horned god like a green man face would, which was a snarky joke of it's time because Belarmine was a clergyman. They usually held things like vinegar, human hair, garlic, bent needles and pins, iron nails and broken glass. They were used to trap evil spirits. Today we use them as boundary markers & bury them at the 4 corners of our property, and still for protection. Just change the contents and you change the purpose of the spell accordingly. Bottles layered with earth from family graves & power places, and rosemary or barley can be ancestor remembrances. Layers of herbs, petitions and charms make them wish bottles. Any container can be turned into a charm. A charm bag or mojo bag is the same idea that you can carry in a pocket.

Glowfish, I looked at the class outline and it looks to be legit, with a thorough idea of positive magical uses. Accuracy is variable. There is no single, universal interpretation of the properties of an herb for magical uses. There are popular reference books like Cunningham's, Culpepper's and many others. The best interpretations are how a plant magically works with your energy.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

I don't know that you need to sign up for a course for that. :-|
You could easily learn about Witches' Bottles from youtube or google.

But that's just my own opinion. Do what you feel. If you want to sign up for it, go for it. :fairy:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Candle spells, witch bottles, mojo bags and witch's ladders are the basis for a lot of spells...fire, water, earth and air respectively. And once you get the principles of any of them you can adapt & do any conjuring if you just think about it and use what you know. I think a YouTube video is a responsible approach for someone totally unfamiliar with the concepts of building a spell. An on line instruction gives some structure to a vague subject. It's too early in the path to recognize what feels right to you because it all feels like a wild card. Been there. Just don't get duped into paying for a class you can find free.

Return to “Websites, Media and Services”