Meditations techniques

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Tutmosis

Meditations techniques

Post by Tutmosis »

Can you guys list your meditation methods and what the aim of it is?

I need to learn more techniques of Meditations and would greatly appreciate it!
KynnysQuest

Re: Meditations techniques

Post by KynnysQuest »

I'm not good at meditation myself but I have picked up a few tricks to keep from straying.

I tend to keep a rock in my hands to ground with (it's usually goldstone). This also allows me to focus all of my attention on a single sensation.

Second, I strongly recommend that you meditate sitting upright and use mantras. If you say the same thing over and over it'll put you in a trance. You will want to sit up because if you fall asleep your head will drop and you will wake up.

Try to meditate at increments. Start with a small amount of time and gradually work your way up.

--hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I have always kept it simple with yoga counted breaths and centering. I have two astral "temples"; one retained from a guided meditation with up-ward stairs to ascend, and the other strictly my own design with descending stairs. Now that I'm older, I've installed an electric lift chair. When I want to meet with my guide, I go to these places. I always approach and exit by the same stairs as I'd entered. The 4 elements are represented.

The locations represent my center (my connection to the universe). The stairs are levels of consciousness. Ascending and descending represents approaching the upper or lower worlds and all that's associated with these concepts. The number of stairs can change to any number associated with different planetary aspects I want to use. I can stick in any symbols I want to work with. These images take on a life of their own, and their appearance alerts me to things that need attention.
rainygreeneyes

Post by rainygreeneyes »

I've heard of something very similar to what SpiritTalker said, with just a bit of variation. The stairs are there, with a landing between the stairs to go up and the stairs to go down. You are on this landing. If you want to go to the astral, you travel upwards, and if you want to go deeper into yourself, you descend. Then when you are ready to come back, you travel the opposite direction you chose to get back to the landing, sort of like grounding yourself back into your body before concluding the meditation.
I just thought it was interesting that I read this somewhere and that SpiritTalker uses a similar method.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Tutmosis, what is your favorite method?
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Hm. My favorite?

Well... I mostly do my meditation techniques through the Divine Breath Technique, and some of my meditations include opening transdimensional awareness. But the divine breath technique is the best
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

There's a lot to be said for Air. :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

SpiritTalker wrote: Now that I'm older, I've installed an electric lift chair.
Lol

nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

I have a meditation technique
mainly I visit my astral temple and offer up prayers to Gaia.
i'm curious if drumming would help me focus during meditation.
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”