What's On Your Altar, & Why?

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: What's On Your Altar, & Why?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Another intuitive re-do. This time my cauldron is the center piece. It's holding a quartz sphere & a strand of amber chips lays across it (I'm still working with amber which balances energy.) The Cup's on one side, wand & pillar candle on the other. A whimsical Fairy door holds north position. A plain palm stone from my back yard rep's the Land. This arrangement isn't to move energy but to hold it. It tells me I need centered & interior focusing of my energies & soothes me to the bone just to look at it.
Astro Logical 1

Post by Astro Logical 1 »

My altar is basically anywhere I can cover it with more crap I use for whatever I'm doing. I'm completely unorganized and never have enough room for anything. I try to be tidy and it only lasts a few hours because I have too much going on haha. I might be the messiest wizard on earth lol
Love and Blessings
Moon Petal

Post by Moon Petal »

I don’t have an altar yet but I’d like to share what I want it to look like.

A statue of Aphrodite (where she’s standing in a seashell like the painting), on either side of her will be a pillar candle, one pink and one white, a small scallop shell dish for offerings, a vase for flower offerings, and underneath a pink altar cloth.

I know it sounds very simplistic but I hate clutter.
tourennatrix

Post by tourennatrix »

My "altar" is currently a crate on its side. The bottom has all my pagan books, and a shoe box to hold my supplies (a bunch of cheap white candles/tea lights and some essential oils),l. The top has a wooden cutting board my brother made for me (not for this purpose) to have a smooth surface over the slats. The only real features on it right now are an oil burner (which I'm stretching to represent all the elements) and a glass mug that holds my runes. it's a pretty small surface and I pull it away from the wall to the foot of my bed so I can't have a bunch of stuff to fall off it at this point. We're a work in progress :p
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Another re-do: I replaced all formal ritual regalia & metal with abalone sea shell offering bowl, drilled stone candle holder, my maple wand instead of steel athame, photos. I had a simplyfy & back to nature urge. The fairy door remains. I’m twitchy around metal.

Edit- Feb 2020 — I’m ok with metal again and have set out a brass singing bowl, orgone generator pyramid, large glass chalice, 3 bells & my whimsical mouse candle holder. I stand there every morning just to make noise :mrgreen:
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

On my altar there is a bowl filled with plants or salt in the north, an incense burner in the east, a candlestick in the south with a candle and a bowl filled with water in the west.

Symbolizing the four elements has always been part of my practice since I started.

There are also statues of the triple resin goddess and a wooden statue of Cernnunos handcrafted by a Ukrainian craftsman. They are not just there for the weather but to allow me to connect with these deities.

I sometimes change the decoration for the Sabbaths.

I acknowledge that I essentially buy what is on my fixed altar.
I also have a travel altar for a practice in the middle of nature.
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

This altar is permanent on a chest of drawers and is dedicated to a Horned God.

I asked a hunter friend for deer antlers so I could make a set of rune stones. He gave me a box full of antlers so I made a rune set. One of the antlers were huge so I placed it on the chest. I had bought a souvenir sword, in the 80s, which is displayed on the antlers. There's a pink stone that I collected, years ago, on the way to the barn just because it flashed its colour at me. The spirit keeper in me plans on using it to make a vessel for the God. Vessels are a means to help connect with a spirit for communication. I have a pendulum, that was gifted to me from a cousin, hung on the antlers. There are three seashells I bought a long time ago to represent the sea, a green candle holder to represent land and a candle to represent the sky.

I plan on adding a white plastic horse from my collection to serve for a connection to the deep past to hopefully learn what life was like during that era when the God was worshipped.

There are other items on the altar chest but they're irrelevant to this Deity.

I'm currently working on an altar for Morrigan but this one will only be set up when I use it as it'll be on a table which I use for writing channeled messages and craft projects.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I had a sudden inspiration while meditating to re-do my “Lady Wall-Niche”. I saw the image on my mental screen. So... now I’ve replaced the 9” plaster Our Lady of Candles statue with a jasmine scented candle inside a large crystal chalice; added quartz & selenite & a small quartz skull as Halloween remembrance at the base. Vouila. I’m r e a l l y liking the simple look in candle light. 😊

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”