Energy working beyond basics.

RyukaAscendant

Re: Energy working beyond basics.

Post by RyukaAscendant »

tutmosis wrote:Also, I do know a few of my names. Aetheryn is one. I also know my last name, which is my clans name, from what I gather. And I also know my heart name :)

All these things were told to me though.
I meant naming the items. But Gaia gave me my souls name.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

In my experience, you need a physical anchor for this type of work.

I've been able to 'summon' a colleague's talisman before, the only thing necessary was a picture of it.

If you keep it purely mental or energetic, it's likely to take on a variety of forms before dissolving because it lacks a fixt structure. Unless you understand how to 'fix' the astral elements -- which is quite different from sigil work and placing up wards.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

So how would you recommend doing so?
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

corvidus wrote:In my experience, you need a physical anchor for this type of work.

I've been able to 'summon' a colleague's talisman before, the only thing necessary was a picture of it.

If you keep it purely mental or energetic, it's likely to take on a variety of forms before dissolving because it lacks a fixt structure. Unless you understand how to 'fix' the astral elements -- which is quite different from sigil work and placing up wards.
Just curious how you might fix the astral elements.

corvidus

Post by corvidus »

'Fixing' energy in the astral is done by understanding the occult nature of the Pentagram, how Spirit manipulates the Elements towards manifestation on the various planes.

A great book on the subject is the Sefer Yetzirah.

If I were to do it, I would forge a sword and breastplate, and it would be super expensive haha..
But with the least amount of cost in mind, I would make a scroll as the anchor. Something like this:

Except with a sword and armour and shield and the relevant construct-words.
There is also the concept of the 'breastplate' of the High Priest:

(-source by 'inspect element')
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

So the item it's attached to doesn't have to be what it is in the astral realm? The item is just an anchor.

corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Right. The anchor can work off the laws of analogy, like most sympathetic magic does. Or it can be an exact, physical representation.

But it should at least follow the general rule of "what you see is what you get"
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

corvidus wrote:Right. The anchor can work off the laws of analogy, like most sympathetic magic does. Or it can be an exact, physical representation.

But it should at least follow the general rule of "what you see is what you get"
Could you clarify? Because I was under the impression that if I wanted to create an astral sword I might use a knife. Would this still be the case or is it more that the less the material item resembles the astral item the less fixed the astral item is? Such as using a stick to fix the astral sword to.

corvidus

Post by corvidus »

You could use a stick, but if you don't shape it into a wooden sword, the connection wont be as strong. The relationship between the physical world and the astral world is kept together by the Mind, and the Mind works primarily off the relationships between things. A stick in the shape of a wand has a different energetic 'idea' than a stick in the shape of a sword (the sticks in the shapes of swords, in Aikido, are usually called bokken -- and it hurts like shit when you get hit by solid oak...)

A knife would work fine, because it has the same 'energetic concept' that a sword has -- a tip, blade, hilt and handle, plus the symbolism of war, force, and authority.

RyukaAscendant wrote:Could you clarify? Because I was under the impression that if I wanted to create an astral sword I might use a knife. Would this still be the case or is it more that the less the material item resembles the astral item the less fixed the astral item is? Such as using a stick to fix the astral sword to.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Awesome I thought I had the right idea just wanted to make sure.

Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

corvidus wrote: The relationship between the physical world and the astral world is kept together by the Mind, and the Mind works primarily off the relationships between things.
Hmmm...

This depends how you are defining "Mind".

The Kahunas in Hawaii have taught the "Oversoul" works in symbols.

Not the mind. The mind may create and allow the framework but the
Oversoul is the link between dimensions, and the filter one could say
of programs activated or canceled.

Not trying to be picky, just definitive. ;)
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Hm. I actually don't have a physical anchor, but my weapons and armor hold up just fine.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

tutmosis wrote:Hm. I actually don't have a physical anchor, but my weapons and armor hold up just fine.
I wonder some if that might have to do with how frequently you use them.

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have never used a physical anchor to create my Claymore. I just have it, in the astral, along with my feline opposable thumbs.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

RyukaAscendant wrote:
tutmosis wrote:Hm. I actually don't have a physical anchor, but my weapons and armor hold up just fine.
I wonder some if that might have to do with how frequently you use them.
I don't think so. They were created for me, so I think that might be a factor.

Return to “Advanced Witchcraft”