Profile info shown first

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.
Bychan Wulf

Profile info shown first

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I noticed the other day, that when somebody writes a comment, the info that the other members can see first, is the number of posts, joining date and location. I've been mistaken for a male several times as well and thought that it would be pretty useful for many, to have the gender written in that short presentation too.
It's not a biggie; just one of my spontaneous ideas :-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Silvana

Re: Profile info shown first

Post by Silvana »

Oh, yeah I thought you were a guy too! It's the name, I think, which made me assume so.

So yes, it would be great if we had to option to show our gender. I agree! If we wish, of course (being optional).

Maybe it can be added? I remember I completed my gender in the profile registration page.
It would be nice to have it shown on our short info too.

Well, of course I believe in my particular case, it's pretty obvious with my photo, but for others would be useful. :)
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

At one time, gender was something that was shown with location info, but Starwitch removed it so that members could better protect their privacy. That's not to say that it's not open to discussion, but it will ultimately be up to Starwitch, the board owner, to change it again.

For the moment, if you want to indicate your gender, it doesn't hurt to place it in your Intro. That's, optional, of course. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Silvana

Post by Silvana »

Thank you for answering so fast!
You are right, some people might feel it's a too personal info.

This is helpful information.
Maybe there is the option that we can put, 'Female', 'Male' or 'Not displaying'. At our own, member choosing. :)
I only knew a few things about forums and their languages, but my knowledge is limited.

Thanks again! This clears some things up! :)
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Thank you for your answer Heartsong! Yeah, it makes sense that some people might find it too personal and I respect that. I also like Silvanna's proposal for a male/female/other or don't display option.
I will place it there too, only that not everyone is also reading that. But I'll find a way ;-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤

Return to “Suggestions/Comments”