just depressed (venting)

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
Kovyx

just depressed (venting)

Post by Kovyx »

My biggest fear is being trapped, stuck in a situation I dislike and have no control over. Once again I'm out of a job, and have no choice but to rely on my parents as I struggle to find another job. But there's no job around here that's as good as the one I had, and I fear that even if I do find another job, in my depressive state, I might use that money as fast as it's coming in.

I hate being here, I hate being stuck in this place, again. again. again. trapped.

Sorry for dropping this on all of you, but I figured maybe you might have or could say something that would help.
"So basically, it's do your job or get vaporized?" -- Commander Shepard, Mass Effect 2
smogie_michele

Re: just depressed (venting)

Post by smogie_michele »

I know all too well the headache of dealing with financial issues... I'm so sorry that you are feeling so stressed and down. Sometimes it helps to vent to others. You need to go through the bad days to appreciate the good days.

A quote that makes me laugh because it is oh so true: It will pass... It may pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass.

What you are going through is going to help shape you in the future. It WILL get better :) Until then, we are here to support you and to listen if you need to vent.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Kovyx

Post by Kovyx »

Eheheh, I like that quote ^^ thanks
"So basically, it's do your job or get vaporized?" -- Commander Shepard, Mass Effect 2
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I'm sorry you are feeling that way, thank goodness you have parents that can help.
Change can move slowly, be good to yourself as you move through this little metamorphosis.
I'll light you a candle if you like :)
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Kovyx

Post by Kovyx »

My parents aren't really the nicest people.. well, my mom is very sweet and helpful, but my dad is the reason I'm so scared to be here. This is the third time I've moved out, and then was forced to come back here again. The repetition just makes it feel like it'll always be this way. Though I know that's not true, it's still pretty hard to ignore something that's in your head. It's like having a song in your head that just won't go away, but it's a very angry depressive song that makes you blame yourself for everything that's happening.

Lighting that candle would be nice, thank you
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

smogie_michele wrote:A quote that makes me laugh because it is oh so true: It will pass... It may pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass.
I love this quote too; it makes hope sound more realistic.

Kovyx, I'm so sorry for what happened to you! Did you consider getting a roommate? Sharing the costs can help untill you get stable, and you won't have to move back with your parents if this happens again.(hopefully it won't)
Many blessings and a light are sent towards you. Anyway, remember that this too shall pass!
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Situational depression about your situation is really normal. A new job might not seem as attractive as what you had, but making some money is better than making zero money. Hanging on to the past, doesn't improve the present. When you do get another job, set up an automatic deposit to a savings account. If you don't see the money, you're less likely to spend it. This is a challenge that you will step up to and win. Remember, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ok lighting candle now.

In the light may the wisdom you seek and employmet that satisfies and light at the end of the tunnel become apparent. :fairy:

Many blessings,
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Pallando

Post by Pallando »

Here is my favorite quote for a situation like this;
"When you are going through hell, dont slow down."
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

SnowCat wrote:Remember, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Snow
Except for bears, bears will kill you Image
HighMagickHaven

Post by HighMagickHaven »

I understand that situation. I send my Positive Energies and Affirmations/Command your way. I hope and wish you the Best that you can receive from all your current situations. Shalom.

Let us know if anything changes. I wish you Happiness And Gladness.

Blessings And Light.
Kovyx

Post by Kovyx »

You are all so sweet and funny, thank you :'3 last night i felt better enough to draw a price chart for my art commissions
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Pallando wrote:Here is my favorite quote for a situation like this;
"When you are going through hell, don't slow down."
"When you're going through hell, keep on going. Don't slow down, if you're scared don't show it. You might get out 'fore the devil even knows you're there." Rodney Atkins
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Mental Health”