Should I tell my friend that I prayed for her?

Many pagans and witches use prayer as a form of worship and for requesting help from deities. Share and discuss prayers here.
redriver

Should I tell my friend that I prayed for her?

Post by redriver »

Idk... She's witchy too, but I normally don't talk about my magick work. I lit candles on my altar for her and took a pic. I'm sure it would be nice to hear that she's in my prayers (though I hope she already knows), but like I said, I usually don't talk about it. What do you guys usually do?
"... there rose to her lips always some exclamation of triumph over life when things came together in this peace, this rest, this eternity" —Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse
redriver

Re: Should I tell my friend that I prayed for her?

Post by redriver »

Okay I sent her the pic right after posting this, and told her what each candle was for. But I'm still curious what other people think about sharing their practices. I once read about a guy who disappeared after letting others see his powers, and I think there is power in secrecy. But we can't keep it all to ourselves.
"... there rose to her lips always some exclamation of triumph over life when things came together in this peace, this rest, this eternity" —Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

My best friend gets really annoyed if someone offers to or sugests praying for her, but if she requested it, she is the first to say thanks for the help. Some people are touchy like that. Just saying. :roll:

As for speaking of my workings, only at the time a request is made, generally not during the the progress of the work, or until it is completed. If I envolve the person in their own solution, we agree that they participate with a given task at a given day/time. It's just that some people can be their own worst enemies and pick it to death with what-if's. Lest said the better. :lol:
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I see praying as inofensive. You can tell her if you want,feel comfortable and she is open to such things. Keeping it for yourself is also great.
If you are performing a spell on her,she has to know and agree.
The way you cast it and what you use,these are the things you keep for yourself,but can also be shared.
The golden rule here,is that you should speak about these before or after the energy is released. Doing it during,can make it ineffective. I don't know if it is perfectly true,but better safe than sorry! ;-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤

Return to “Pagan Prayers”