The Green Fairy, Absinthe

Potions go here. Keep it nice please. No poisons.
corvidus

Re: The Green Fairy, Absinthe

Post by corvidus »

firebirdflys wrote: Pumpkin spice absinthe!
Hahaha maybe... pumpkin seeds are green, and it's the Green Fairy, right?

But probably not...

Oh and Corvidus, I figured the a. tridentata was in your area, since it is an artimesia also I wonder if the a. absinthium and it would enhance each other? I'm not sure of the ingestability of a. tridentata but I'll go look .....
Hummm, can't find my I.D. cards right now, I'll have to get back to you on that.
Bb, Firebird
A. tridentata is very ingestible on account of its bitterness. Bit it does make good medicine. The reason it's so prevalent here is because none of the herbavors eat it!! Haha.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Yex wrote: I think that even with a tincture you have to hold it under your tongue (sublingual administration) vs just swallowing it (oral administration). I don't know though, as I've only ever smoked it in the manner described above (I was younger and more reckless).
I've also only smoked it. Worst experience I've ever had at the time with entheogens. Looking back on it now, it was exactly what needed to happen in order to open up my mind.

Next time will defiantly be a tincture. And my friend did say he drips it beneath the tongue.
Yex

Post by Yex »

corvidus wrote:
I've also only smoked it. Worst experience I've ever had at the time with entheogens. Looking back on it now, it was exactly what needed to happen in order to open up my mind.
Yeah, the small handful of times that I'm smoked it, it was always hellishly dysphoric and overwhelmingly chaotic. Even at a time in my life when I loved taking psychedelics at any available opportunity, I loathed the salvia trip and feared it. But, similarly to what you're saying, the first time I smoked it (and it was the first drug that I tried, save for alcohol a couple of times - I hadn't even smoked cannabis at that point), it served as a powerful initiatory experience, unpleasant though it was.

Ah well, fleeting memories now.

Also, sorry for hijacking your absinthe thread with salvia rants. I drank a lot of absinthe in Paris, some years ago. My cousin lived there at the time, and he was something of an absinthe connoisseur at the time, so I got to taste a lot of good ones. It should be noted that there are differences in American and European absinthe, and in absinthe found in different European countries, for that matter - mostly having to do with what the legal thujone levels are in a given jurisdiction. For example, the Czech absinthe, it is my understanding, is crummy in quality from the perspective of taste, but contains high enough thujone levels as to be more psychoactive than, say, the more refined French ones. And here in the states, even though it was "legalized", the levels of thujone allowed are still lower than the EU standard.

For what it's worth, my wife claims that when she was in Germany, and drank some home-brewed absinthe made by the family with whom she was staying, she actually had mild visual hallucinations... before swiftly passing out.
love is the whole and more than all
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

No worries, it's somewhat related. Curious absinthe stories though.

After looking through a variety of recipes, I ordered the most common ingredients last night. 100% organic :)

Also a couple good bottles of absinthe for some.. erm.. reference material.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I ran across a recipe for absinthe a few months ago...
wracking my brain looking for it !!!
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

So Corvidus ...is the brew ready yet? ::coolglasses:: :fairy:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Oh right! The first batch was alright. But I’ve been distracted lately so haven’t got back around to it yet

Return to “Potions”