Wax Removal

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Atalanta

Wax Removal

Post by Atalanta »

I may be a little slow but you know how it never fails, wax drips somewhere during a ritual (or maybe it's just me). If it's dried on something that can't be scraped, I found reheating it with a hair dryer and then scrubbing it off with a cloth works. The funny one was for dried wax that can be scraped up, a spatula is perfect. Flip it over like you'd be scraping something from a pan and the wax comes right up.
Bychan Wulf

Re: Wax Removal

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Good idea! I play a lot with the melted wax but usually deal with it on wooden flat surfaces. My own nails have been my wax scrapping device.
For wax on cloth, my mom usually irons the cloth, but puts a paper tissue between the iron and the actual cloth. Worked every time ;-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

I was making candles the other day and wouldn't you know it, I spilled half my wax on my nice kitchen floor. So there I sat with a credit card for a half hour scraping it up. Then I cleaned the area with one of my Mrs.Meyers all natural sprays and it was good as new.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

Use lighter fluid (like ronsonol or zippo brand as an example) jewellers use it to remove wax when doing wax castings
Raevyn

Post by Raevyn »

I've spilt some candle wax several times before on my mothers thick orange carpet before. I found what worked best was getting a few sheets of draining paper, placing them over the wax and placing a hot iron ontop of the draining paper. This causes the wax to melt and the draining paper to absorb it really well. Just be sure not to touch the iron to the carpet (i've done that before too) as it melts the carpet fabric!
SouthernSolitary

Post by SouthernSolitary »

This post reminded me that I had a pretty substantial wax spill I've been procrastinating on cleaning. Lol. My go-to wax removal method is simply the blow-dryer and paper towels. I just hold the blow-dryer on the wax until it becomes liquified and wipe it with the towels.
That's for hard surfaces.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

If on material, use a brown paper bag and iron it on low...
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”