Do spells always require visulisation

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Do spells always require visulisation

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Hey guys
So I read on here that the best spells for a beginner to learn are protection and cleansing spells and so I went and googled some ones for a beginner and while the first one on the website stated it required you to visualise it the other 2 didn't say such a thing.
The website I read it on in question is http://wiccanspells.info/three-simple-p ... on-spells/
Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place I had no idea where to post it
Blessed be
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Do spells always require visulisation

Post by SpiritTalker »

Your post location is fine. this is a question about magic.

Short form: no, we don't have to visualize everything, I.e., see it in mental images. Involving the senses is a broad field. Old spells use Witch's "knowing" (like a hunch) instead of visualization. Others use emotion.

I looked at the spells, and I'd say it was "as written"because the closed door and gold mist build the scene in words of the spell, and the blue mist paints no image in words. You can improve by adding your own touch and words, if desired. Tweaking a simple spell is always an option so you can make a spell personal. And that makes it work better for you.

Visualizing's no different from imagining putting your daily wardrobe outfit together. We do it every time we get dressed. (unless you're like me and get dressed from the laundry basket :wink2: ) It helps when you add emotion. More important than imaging is focussing, staying concentrated and not dithering.

Sometimes when we visualize the images take on a life of their own and insist on being a certain way, no matter how we push. Then it's a good idea to let it be the way it wants because that is telling us something important.

An exception to tweaking would apply in summoning magic where a change in something would have unpredictable results, like punching in the wrong phone number - you don't know who's gonna answer.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Re: Do spells always require visulisation

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Ah thanks I was just rather confused as a lot of spells do tend to state to visualise and this confused me.

Return to “F.A.Q.”