Offerings of Thanks to Spirit Guides

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Sinopa Oak

Offerings of Thanks to Spirit Guides

Post by Sinopa Oak »

I would like to find a special way to thank my Spirit Guide as part of a ritual.
Normally after working with him, or wandering about together I would just say my thanks, but I feel recently I should do a bit more to show it.
He's been there for me through anything and everything. I feel him sit beside me during every one of my rituals. All I feel from and for him is unconditional love. He appears in the form of a fox and I've been aware of the connection for about a year now.
I was thinking along the lines of flowers and found natural objects, and saying that they were for him.
But what are your suggestions? How do other people honour/thank their Spirit Guides?
lilacnyellow

Re: Offerings of Thanks to Spirit Guides

Post by lilacnyellow »

I do that as well. I try to stay in contact but not just for problems. You could always ask what would make your guide happy. I leave milk and honey, butter sometimes. Beer. I always pay something back to nature if I collect a rock. That's just how I was taught.
Sinopa Oak

Post by Sinopa Oak »

Thank you for your advice. What you said about paying something back to nature really made me think about balance and how we, as humans and individuals, walk upon the earth.

I asked him what he liked. While before I was unsure as I had never come across the topic before, I know now that it need only be simple, as it's the thought behind it that matters. :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I learned ancestor spirits enjoy a cup of fresh brewed coffe. ha- who doesn't? So, I found a good coffee scent incense stick from Nippon Kodo, real coffee bean oil & scented candles for their aroma. And of course when I brew coffee, we can each get a cup. Starbucks is a shrine for sure.

The beer goes on my rose bush. And I know many people keep a pretty container of water accessible on their altars, and refresh it daily. A candle flame also serves to feed energy to spirits, which is the basis of votive candle offerings. The wax is the fuel, the flame is the gift.

And on meaningful anniversaries I bake a cake to share.

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”