Tasha TeaLeaf's Book of Shadows

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.
TashaTeaLeaf

Tasha TeaLeaf's Book of Shadows

Post by TashaTeaLeaf »

I only just joined, but I LOVE journal keeping, so why hold off?

My practice is still developing, so expect lot's of mistakes. :oops:

It's foundation is hoodoo, but with urban magic and internal alchemy. I work with plants, as many wild crafted from the city as I can. I also work with my local Great Lake. It's beautiful, powerful, terrifying, and literally down the street from me, so It makes sense to work with it in my magical practice.

Constructive criticism is more than welcome. I want to learn how to be a humble, effective spiritual worker, and critics are a vital part of that.

If you try any of my spells or workings, please tell me how it went! You can reply in the thread or you can PM me, whatever you feel comfortable with.
TashaTeaLeaf

Tea for Spiritual Dreams

Post by TashaTeaLeaf »

One Canada Thistle Flower
Dandelion Root Chips
One Heal-All Flower

Grab your favorite tea cup.

Place in the Canada Thistle and ask it to help you find your spiritual gifts.
Place in the Dandelion root and ask it to help you develop you psychic power
Place in the Heal-All and ask it to heal any damage and help the dreams go smoothly.

Pour near boiling water in the cup and let it brew for at least 5 minutes.

Drink the tea slowly before bed. With each sip, let the spirit of the plants enter you.

---

I've been using this mix for months and it works wonderfully!
TashaTeaLeaf

Re: Tasha TeaLeaf's Book of Shadows

Post by TashaTeaLeaf »

Despite my name, no lol. I've read about it, but I've practiced very little. I love working with Tea's though, and I do tarot reading.
TashaTeaLeaf

Courage Hand

Post by TashaTeaLeaf »

This is a hand (magical helper) that you can carry around with you. It can give you courage in scary situations. You can also keep it on your nightstand or under your pillow for nightmares.

Ingredients:
  • Red paper
    Writing utensil
    Mullein leaf
    Red Thread
Take a small piece of red paper. Write COURAGE in the middle, three times. Now, turn the paper 90 degrees, then write your name on it three time over top the courages.

Write your petition in a circle around the edge of the paper. I like to use pencil, but pen works too. The particular words should come from your heart. "I will be brave in the face of fear" or "I will have courage" will work. It doesn't have to rhyme or be poetic. Make sure you do not lift pencil off the paper while writing.

Rub your hands together until they are warm, then hold the paper in your hands. Pray life into the paper, feel it fill with energy.

Then, using your saliva, 'baptize' the paper. Just a lick of your finger and a dab in the middle of the paper will work.

If you have a whole Mullein leaf:
Fold the paper in half three times, being sure to fold towards you. Wrap the folded paper with the mullein leaf, then tie the whole thing up with red thread. As you finish make three knots in the name of the Holy Trinity.

If you have crushed Mullein leaf:
Sprinkle the Mullein in the center of the paper, then fold it in half three times, making sure to fold towards you. Tie the bundle up with red thread. As you finish, make three knots in the name of the Holy Trinity.

If you have anointing oils, dab them on the hand now.

Now the hand is ready to use! One like this won't last very long, but it is very quick to make and easy to carry around. When it feels dead, ritually dispose of it. Bury it in the ground, burning it, or putting it in a body of water all work.
Feather&Stone

Re: Tasha TeaLeaf's Book of Shadows

Post by Feather&Stone »

TashaTeaLeaf wrote:I only just joined, but I LOVE journal keeping, so why hold off?

My practice is still developing, so expect lot's of mistakes. :oops:

It's foundation is hoodoo, but with urban magic and internal alchemy. I work with plants, as many wild crafted from the city as I can. I also work with my local Great Lake. It's beautiful, powerful, terrifying, and literally down the street from me, so It makes sense to work with it in my magical practice.

Constructive criticism is more than welcome. I want to learn how to be a humble, effective spiritual worker, and critics are a vital part of that.

If you try any of my spells or workings, please tell me how it went! You can reply in the thread or you can PM me, whatever you feel comfortable with.
I agree! If you love, no better time than now to get writing! I'm also totally learning as I go. I make a lot of my own herbal teas and work with herbs often. Looking forward to your recipes and musings!

Blessed be :)

Return to “Member's Books of Shadows”