How to cleanse with sound?

RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I've heard you can clear away bad energy with sound, much like burning sage. I have acquired a beautiful crystal bell and would like any information on how to use sound to clear away bad energy. If you have any tips on using this technique, please let me know. Thank you!

Rosie
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: How to smudge with sound?

Post by Seraphin »

You mean cleansing with sound?

Just ring it and keep it going for as long as you desire (it depends upon the energy of the space), until you feel your space has been thoroughly and sufficiently cleansed. In Feng-Shui, sound clearing can be done best at 12 noon. I personally sometimes incorporate chants or do free movements to balance the air elements. I also do a centering meditation and envision that the room is filled with positive vibrations -- this is also an effective way to shield the space from negative entities, energetic nasties.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Once again, thank you Seraphin! I did mean cleanse. I guess the term smudge only applies to smoke?

Edit: I have edited the title of the post to say cleanse vs smudge.
Winter Wind

Re: How to cleanse with sound?

Post by Winter Wind »

Oh those crystal bells have a beautiful tone isn't it?
As Seraphin said, it's pretty much like smudging. I prefer this to any other cleansing method, it's effective and my parents don't complain about the smell or the smoke.
When doing it, I visualize the sound waves pushing the undesired energies away and forming a protective bubble (cleansing and shielding at the same time loveface ).
“To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
Beethoven
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Thank you all for the wonderful advice! If all goes as planned we will be closing on our new house on Thursday! I think I'll try cleansing the apartment this weekend after we've moved out. Then with our stuff at the new place I'll use the bell to cleanse the home AND all of the furniture we brought with us. I'm gonna cleanse the backyard too because I have big plans back there (pergola, garden, doggie play place,etc) hopefully the new neighbors won't think I'm too crazy! [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hey, congrats on closing on the new house today! Your plans for the backyard sound like fun.

Be sure to "cut the cords" on your family's energy to the old home. Do this with intention as you cleanse/smudge it, including such verbiage as you work (I find it very "focusing" to speak my intentions for a space out loud). Likewise, in the new digs, cut the cords to the previous dwellers from the space. In other words, make sure they take their energetic "stuff" with them, everything, every entity, every argument, every good time, that ghost of their Aunt Betty who kept visiting them...everything goes back to them, lol.

RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Kassandra wrote:.

Hey, congrats on closing on the new house today! Your plans for the backyard sound like fun.

Be sure to "cut the cords" on your family's energy to the old home. Do this with intention as you cleanse/smudge it, including such verbiage as you work (I find it very "focusing" to speak my intentions for a space out loud). Likewise, in the new digs, cut the cords to the previous dwellers from the space. In other words, make sure they take their energetic "stuff" with them, everything, every entity, every argument, every good time, that ghost of their Aunt Betty who kept visiting them...everything goes back to them, lol.

Thank you! The moving is underway! When you say, cut cords with the energy from our old home, where will it go? Also, if I send out negative energy to go along with previous owner, won't they get the good and the bad? Is there a way to only send them the good energy and send the negative somewhere else? Sort of like doing them a favor without them knowing it? Now, their deceased old aunt they can have... I doubt that counts as negative. :)

P.S. The dogs love the yard already!
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Some people and family unintentionally leave negative cords of attachment in their previous homes. This energetic structure contains all the negative energies (thoughts, emotions, memories and imprints) that have ever been a feature of the place. The cord that connects the previous dwellers and the dwelling place contains harmful patterns and dynamics: anger, insufficiency, strife, confusion, etc. Other cords even contain illnesses that refused to go away or lessen despite all sorts of treatment and some oddities going wrong with the home which needed lots of money to fix them.

All these chaos may come from the negative cords, for they are so thick and heavy, that they can affect and influence everyone who settle in the place. Sleep became elusive for those who could perceive such things, and they all began to struggle to simply live here.

It isn't simply the ghosts or spirits or entities of the far past that are still haunting our new home, it's also the cords.

There are many ways of cord-cutting, you may pick your favorite online! But I also have my own technique which I'll share if you like.

Personally, after I cut all the negative strings, I'd be wrapping myself in unconditional love energy, then wrapping the other folks in the household with that same kind of energy, and finally I'd wrap any negative entity that entered (or tried to enter) my space with that energy. It's hard to do when there's active conflict going on, but if you could do that as consistently as possible, I think you'd feel a lot better and your space would remain a lot clearer.

To clarify a bit (and please be aware that this is just my own understanding and experience): Utilizing unconditional love energy is different from expressing unconditional love as an emotion; the energy, free of emotional attachment, is the most powerful energy there is -- even stronger than white light energy. It can act as a shield to prevent negative energy from entering a space as well as help prevent a negative entity from focusing harmful energy outside of its own personal space.

Other than that, congratulations on your new abode! Do you like your new place?
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Thanks for catching this one, Seraphin. I didn't check and follow up on this thread because I need to change the email box associated with my EUTM account (I don't really open it very often anymore, so I don't know when someone responds to one of my posts)

Sorry about that, Rosie, and in response to your questions....what Seraphin said, I agree completely! :)

RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Thank you for all the responses! Yes, Seraphin, I'm LOVING my new house!

When we moved, I did spend about 30 mins moving around the house and ringing the crystal bell to cleanse the energy of our apartment. As I was moving around, words just came to me. I started repeating them out loud. They went something like this.... "Bad energy, negative spirits, every argument and every bad feeling be gone!! Hear my bell and flea!!" I moved around and moved up and down the corners of the room in case there was something hiding in the corner near the ceiling or floor. At one point I was ringing the bell so hard, that it broke! It was the part inside that jingles, it just fell out. At first I was just heartbroken. But, then I realized I could turn the bell upside down and hold the jingle part with my other hand and dip it down into the bell and wiggle it to produce the same bell sound! So I finished the rest of the apartment with the broken bell.

I managed to fix the bell with super glue which was incredibly hard not to glue my fingers together or the giggle part to the sides of the bell, but I got it alas!

Now, for the new house, I actually purchased some sage I found for sale at a thrift store. My fiancé and I held hands, said a prayer and asked for protection in our home from negativity, and then we took turns moving around the house and around the edges of all the rooms. I also took it outside and walked around the fence line with the sage. Being alone, the words came to me again. They were something like this "I use this sage to smudge out all negative energy and beings from my yard. Let this smoke become a barrier that keeps out the bad and only lets in the good." I started on the right side of the fence and walked all the way back around to where I started. I imagined negative energy flying ahead of me to try to stay in the yard, but when I got back to where I started they were all forced out and could not come back into the yard.

Rosie [GREEN HEART]
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Rosie, sounds like you did things that really resonated with you and your partner, and it created a space that's truly a home for your spirits. Great job. I know what you're talking about when you say the words just seem to come to you automatically while you're in the cleansing/blessing process, like something in your spirit just knows what needs to be said. That's always a good feeling. Glad things worked out for you.

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I use a tuning fork, the sales pitch said it is OHM. whatever. It resonates with me and tickles my nose. I also have some pleasant little brass bells tucked in corners around the house and give them a ring when I pass by. I have a special one on my stove to help me sweeten the pot of whatever I'm cooking. I think I just like bells.

Adding on: using a Tibetan meditation bell, without the clapper, and running the wooden dowel around the outside rim until the bell vibrates loudly is another way. It's like a singing bowl with a handle.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

RosieMoonflower wrote:I've heard you can clear away bad energy with sound
I'm thinking about this from time to time. I guess you can do it very effectively, in case you find the right sound.
The crystal ringing is beautiful and suitable for mind opening as we listen and let vibrate. In your story it was good empowerer for mind power as you did the chant.

There are many sounds to try and I still don't know.
After rush of strong energy that empowers me I say Huath! just like the Ogham for the Hawthorn, but that is only after I manage to recollect force somehow.

Chinese have 5 or more sounds for humming to heal organs.

Other sounds to try are like he, hee, ha, hu .... experimenting.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I’ve sat on the ground and begun by chanting the vowels a,e,I,o,u and just let it evolve into tone chants. It’s amazing the energy pulses that rise up the spine and express through the voice. Normally I sing in the key of B-flat.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

SpiritTalker wrote:I’ve sat on the ground and begun by chanting the vowels a,e,I,o,u and just let it evolve into tone chants.
Was just talking to the other Priestess about this the other day!! I told her about getting an interesting vibration in the head going by chanting the vowels, Good to know there are others who feel the same!!!
I think I sing in flat every thing :evilwitch: :lol: Oh well.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Advanced Witchcraft”