Temple of Witchcraft series by Christopher Penczak

Review and recommend pagan, spiritual, Wicca, & witchcraft books.
Kyrie

Temple of Witchcraft series by Christopher Penczak

Post by Kyrie »

Has anyone read the Temple of Witchcraft series by Christopher Penczak? I am using these books as a guide for my year and a day studies....well, each book is a year and would essentially be one degree if I worked in a coven. So the whole series would span several years.

Right now, I'm going through the Inner Temple of Witchcraft. It seems to cover a lot of meditation and "science of magick" type of stuff.

There are 13 lessons: 12 lessons covering different subjects and the 13th lesson being an initiation or self-dedication ritual. Each lesson has several exercises, so this is very much a learn-by-doing type of book, which I love!

I would love to hear other thoughts and opinions on this series :)
hecate8

Re: Temple of Witchcraft series by Christopher Penczak

Post by hecate8 »

I posted about The Temple of High Witchcraft here and on numerous other magical sites. It seems you and I are about the only ones who like his books.
Free or drug free? America can't be both!
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I love his books. He is inspired by many different paths and they all flow into his practice which is neat to see. Ive read all his book and they have so much great information, I just dont follow his practice exactly.

He lives close to me and comes to my area a lot for workshops but I can never seem to attend because of the times. But one day I will!!
Lavender

Post by Lavender »

I am currently reading The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft. I know that it is recommended to read his series in order, but my spiritual path began in shamanism, and it still retains strong roots in such practices. That is the book that came to me and seemed appropriate, so I figure that I'll go through the series in order if this book leaves me appreciative.

And so far, it has! I'm nearly half way, and I've found many of the exercises helpful in developing my own relationship with the Spirits and honing my own craft. Before she moved away, I had a friend who studied under Penczak personally and made his books required reading for her coven. While I participated in some rituals with her and some of her coven family, I did not feel it appropriate for me and my path to pursue a coven relationship with them. Needless to say, the required reading was not required of me. But lo and behold! A friend of mine who had never even met these particular people had bought this book for himself, and found it to be a 'difficult read.' It was given to me, and I do believe that I will start the series from the beginning once I finish with this one.
Bella Rose

Post by Bella Rose »

I very much enjoy his books! I have gone threw most of the first book but for me it was mostly a review because I was also in psychic development training at the time. I would love to go back and re do the book at some time.

I have read about half of the second book but not done the exercises yet, but absolutely plan to go threw and do the exercises.
I plan to go threw the third book as well once I get to that level.

I've been studying the craft a while but had not actually practiced. Im currently taking my year and a day into Wicca, in a college level class. Once im done with that I would love to finish book three.
janeg74

Post by janeg74 »

I am mostly done with the first book. I am actually wondering if anyone has taken the course online or in person. I wonder how much extra one might get from the personal attention and the b.o.s. Also included. I certainly got a lot from the book. Not sure I agree with all of it, but very useful and he himself has great energy.

Return to “Book Reviews”