Sakura's Gluten Free Recipe Book!

Share your recipes and food tips here.
Sakura Blossom

Sakura's Gluten Free Recipe Book!

Post by Sakura Blossom »

So, I do manage a blog for gluten free eating as well as for other chronic illnesses. (: But I thought I would share a lot of my recipes on here, because I love to cook! Whether or not you're gluten free doesn't matter. Any recipe is honestly versatile and can be made gluten free or non-gluten free. So enjoy!

Disclaimer: I should warn you, I don't really use measurements all the time because I like to cook based on taste and not precise measurements. I usually use guidelines when I first start out, but they may not be included. I deeply apologize for this and can try to answer questions on recipes depending on where the confusion may lie!

This is a recipe somewhat of my own creation, but also mixed from recipes I've worked on and perfected over the past two years of being Gluten Free! I was just playing around today and came up with this combo because I had these delicious raspberry glazed wings at a restaurant recently.

So, I pretty much made everything from scratch and this is what you'll want to have yourself. However, there isn't any exact amounts because as I don't ever measure so I apologize! I always prefer to cook based on taste. (:

Also, they really aren't all that spicy! The raspberry glaze helps cut down the heat factor.

Ingredients

For the Chicken Bites:

Chicken breast - Cut into cubes

Gluten Free Rice Chex

Gluten Free Flour

1 egg and a little milk (I use lactose free milk)

Seasoning Salt

Garlic Powder

For the Sauce:

Raspberry Glaze (there really isn't a set recipe for this. You basically take the raspberries and boil them in water with sugar and wait until it thickens. There are recipes online for this if you aren't sure what to do. (: ).

Homemade Buffalo Sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot buffalo sauce mixed with vinegar, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and butter based on a recipe my mom uses).

Directions:

1. To make the chicken bites, you first mix the egg and the milk together in a bowl. In two separate bowls, crush the chex mix and in the other add the flour as well as the seasoning salt and garlic powder. Dredge the chicken by dipping it in the egg mixture first, then the flour, then back into the egg and finish by dipping into the chex. Bake these at 375 degrees until they become golden brown. There is no set time as each oven varies.

2. In the meantime, make the glaze and the hot sauce then mix it together until you like how they taste and the heat you get from them. It's really hard to tell specific amounts, in my opinion, because the taste and heat of wings all depends on the one making them.

3. When the chicken bites are done, cover them in the sauce. I put them in a pyrex container, shake, then dump out into what I'm serving (or rather, eating them in). You can eat these with ranch too, I highly recommend that as it tastes delicious!

And that's it! It's really simple to do and I do apologize for the lack of amounts as well as recipes for the sauce and glaze, but it comes down to a matter of preference.

I hope you enjoy!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Sakura Blossom

Re: Sakura's Gluten Free Recipe Book!

Post by Sakura Blossom »

So, a lot of recipes I might be posting, might heavily involve this sauce. I LOVE bechamel (even though this isn't fully a REAL bechamel sauce). It's so good! And it's really simple to make, and fast too, so when you're in a hurry, it's good.

So I'm going to share my recipe for this sauce, and then eventually I'll upload actual recipes that use it but one of my favorites is this sauce over rice with chicken chunks in it. Rotisserie chicken is my favorite to use. I also used it with crepes the first time I made them, and I put them on mashed potatoes too sometimes. They work as a good chicken gravy too.

Ingredients:

2 Tbls butter

2 tbl spoons flour/gluten free all purpose flour

2 cups milk (I use lactaid lactose free milk)

2 tsp of chicken boullion (we use a jar kind, that's easy to scoop).

Shredded cheese of your choice and however much you want to taste

Directions:

1. You're going to be making the roux. This is a mixture of fat and flour to make the base of this sauce. You start with melting the butter on medium low heat and when it's fully melted, you put in the flour. Cook it for a minute, to eliminate any of that flour taste to it.

2. Add in your liquid! You need to mix, mix, mix because it'll get clumpy if you don't and it can also burn. It'll start to thicken, and depending on the thickness you want (I LOVE thick sauces, because it just seems to fit better on rice and whatever I put it on, but it's up to you!). It'll start bubbling and boiling, which is when it'll begin to thicken.

3. Add in your chicken bouillon and mix in thoroughly. When it's done, turn off the heat and pull aside. When ti's a little cooler, mix in the cheese until it's fully melted.

All done! It's really that simple. I love this sauce, it's great on anything, and you can change it up to have different ingredients. I've used something similar to make stuff for Salisbury steak.

Enjoy!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Turkey Burgers with Maple Sauce

This recipe is a favorite of mine. I'm trying to avoid eating too much beef, and have found I really like turkey burgers better than beef anyways! This is a recipe I came up with myself and I just LOVE it! Really quick and easy to make. Great for cook outs too or when company comes over and you want something delicious/fancy-schamncy but don't want to put forth too much effort. Haha.

Ingredients

For the Burgers:

Ground Turkey
Paprika
Garlic Powder (or garlic salt)
Salt
Gluten Free Buns (I LOVE Udis. That's really all I use)
Olive oil for pan frying
Cheddar Cheese for topping (Or pepperjack cheese to add a kick!)

For the sauce:

Mayo
Mustard
Maple Syrup
Garlic Powder

Directions:

1. Make the patties! Mix the paprika, garlic and salt into the meat then form them into patties. Heat a skillet to medium to medium-low heat and add the olive oil for the bottom. Heat the patties until the internal temperature reaches 170° F. Set aside to finish cooking the rest of the way and so the juices settle.

2. In another bowl, mix together the mayo, mustard and maple syrup with the garlic powder. The mayo is the base, so you'll want a little bit of mustard and a little bit more of the maple syrup to help make it a little more liquidy.

3. Put the sauce on the bottom of the bun, add the burger then the cheese and voila! You're done! You can add any other toppings you want as well. I've found putting an egg on it is delicious, and I call that variation the "Breakfast Burger". Haha.

Hope you enjoy!

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Delicious and Mostly Healthy Eggs

I tried to make it into an omelet, but no matter how many how-to videos I watch to try and learn how to make them, it just doesn't work. Either way, these eggs are delicious and I had to share!

You use two eggs, turkey sandwich meat and bruchetta jack cheese. I also used a tiny, tiny bit of half and half to add it to the eggs to make them fluffy.

Put a tiny bit of butter on the bottom of the pan, then in a bowl mix together the two eggs and half & half. When that's done, pour it into the pan on medium-low heat. When it starts to lose it's shiny-ness, you can add the chopped up turkey and shredded cheese. Flip it over and when it's finished cooking, you're done.

I put a little bit of maple syrup on top to add a sweetness to it, and it was AMAZING. I'm going to have to get this cheese myself now, as I made this at my parents.

Enjoy!

YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Sakura Blossom wrote:Delicious and Mostly Healthy Eggs

I tried to make it into an omelet, but no matter how many how-to videos I watch to try and learn how to make them, it just doesn't work. Either way, these eggs are delicious and I had to share!
Try putting some milk in the egg mix. It helps the eggs spread like a pancake ;)

Thanks for the recipes, they look great.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I've tried milk, water, half and half, you name it. ): I've just not been able too effect it. Haha. I'll keep trying though (: thank you for the help!

And thanks! (: I'm glad they do. Most if not all I share are somewhat my own creation. I was debating going to culinary school for awhile but opted out.

I am trying my hand at cooking Ethiopian tonight so I will be sharing those recipes if they turn out well. x3

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Bumping 2020

Return to “Food and Recipes”